Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

19 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

Further west track may be faster motion into landfall as well due to better steering influence of the mid-to-upper trough. The pure NE landfall is more of a slow-down prior to landfall. But it's a little too early to know for sure on these interactions.

That is key...if you want a truly devastating landfall, hope for west.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I remember it well...completely unremarkable NW of Boston. Gloria was much more noteworthy.

I was in Taunton area (Raynham) for both and don’t recall being overly impressed 

Wilma in Ft lauderdale western burbs was A powerful experience And hit like a freight train 

33 minutes ago, Snugharbor said:

Is this trending westward "nudge" an indication Henri isn't going to intensify a hell of a lot -- and/or the trough that's to the west is stronger than indicated? Or both? What's the reason for the continual "movement" that way. Or is some of it related to the storm itself just being further to the west at the moment than anticipated.

The power outtages suck but we're used to it. It's more the coastal high tide/full moon coinciding that is the concern for us.

Not sure if this will embed correctly, but see the trend of the steering currents. The orientation of the eastern US trough is more supportive of a northward pull, rather than the more “typical” sling to the NNE/NE:

NEXLABdpdt-12Z-20210820_NAMUS_250_spd-50

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Diggiebot said:

I was 5 and it’s probably one of my first memories from growing up. I followed my dad outside during the peak. The wind was absolutely crazy! It’s why I love following weather today! 

I was around 5 for Gloria...there as a lot of tree damage in my area....that was very isolated in Bob.

2 minutes ago, Diggiebot said:

I was 5 and it’s probably one of my first memories from growing up. I followed my dad outside during the peak. The wind was absolutely crazy! It’s why I love following weather today! 

My first tropical memory was Belle.  True to form, it was the first of many a tropical bust.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I think it will be canceled for you lol

The ferry probably will be.  Also coming from NJ, I'm concerned about flooding on the whole 95 corridor making the trip there miserable even if MVY ducks the brunt of this.

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I feel comfortable saying this won't be nearly as destructive as Sandy was. It's so much smaller.

That is not the same as saying it won't be destructive somewhere....it probably will, but likely a much smaller area and probably less intense.

edit: I did already say earlier that the "left hook" aspect could be similar....which will need to be watched carefully for localized big storm surge somewhere.

Okay ...you're talking about something else: impact specifics ...  

I was just referring to the meteorological shit.  Heh... Yeah, I wouldn't care to debate the other popsicle headache discussion. It's subjective to experience making that non-influential, but objectively, there's not likely to be any empirical comparison UNLESS this thing Cat 4's outta nowhere and expands radii and all that...  who knows. 

I lost my internet connection for 20 minutes so  -heh, may have missed some of that leading posts.   sorry

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic