The main concern will be the potential for additional heavy rain
late Friday and Friday night. At this time it looks that the
bulk of the heavy rain from Elsa will pass over the waters into
southeast New Hampshire and the coastal plain of Maine while the
heavy rain from Thursday night looks to be centered over the
mountains.

Hoping there's a decent amount of RA in between.  :o

you're getting shafted again:thumbsdown:

It got hot/humid in a hurry with the sun today.  Like 84/69 type in the valley.

Waited until 6:30 to take the dog out this evening… hazy hazy hazy.  Nice breeze up here and a bit cooler now that it’s after 7 and shadowed on this upper east side.  Definitely a summer evening.

Looks like some heavy rain chances up here later this week, get that time outdoors now.

C4754EE3-3169-45FC-911E-D56BEDE12EF5.thumb.jpeg.89a40b41b92938a6c065805250bc4dea.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dendrite said:

A little over 3” here…want more.

Only 1.5" here this week but looks like there's more moisture chances coming.  As I get older I've started despising warm season rain.  It's still a tug-of-war a bit but I can't explain it.  I love being outside at every chance possible during the longer daylight hours and rain seems to hinder that.  I feel like a retiree wanting to be in Arizona or something... just dry, sunshine, and long daylight.  Maybe we deal with too much cold season cloud/showery stuff and it alters my perception this time of year, but right now I want to be outside in shorts and t-shirt wandering around in the hills.  I'm already semi-hoping the modeled rain in the next few days is diminished or not as steady/sustained.

Can easily see the wet zone since July 1st.

Untitled.jpg.e02003ff70eb07829ec2851374f06b20.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Only 1.5" here this week but looks like there's more moisture chances coming.  As I get older I've started despising warm season rain.  It's still a tug-of-war a bit but I can't explain it.  I love being outside at every chance possible during the longer daylight hours and rain seems to hinder that.  I feel like a retiree wanting to be in Arizona or something... just dry, sunshine, and long daylight.  Maybe we deal with too much cold season cloud/showery stuff and it alters my perception this time of year, but right now I want to be outside in shorts and t-shirt wandering around in the hills.  I'm already semi-hoping the modeled rain in the next few days is diminished or not as steady/sustained.

Can easily see the wet zone since July 1st.

Untitled.jpg.e02003ff70eb07829ec2851374f06b20.jpg

Ideally we get it once a week to keep the lawns and gardens green. But I do like my sunny no clouds kind of days too. I could go for some stein. 

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Only 1.5" here this week but looks like there's more moisture chances coming.  As I get older I've started despising warm season rain.  It's still a tug-of-war a bit but I can't explain it.  I love being outside at every chance possible during the longer daylight hours and rain seems to hinder that.  I feel like a retiree wanting to be in Arizona or something... just dry, sunshine, and long daylight.  Maybe we deal with too much cold season cloud/showery stuff, but this time of year I want to be outside in shorts and t-shirt wandering around.  I'm already semi-hoping the modeled rain in the next few days is diminished or not as steady/sustained.

I have much the same sentiments. There was nothing worse than having the weeks near the solstice being torpedoed by days and days of gloom. And the warm season is so short, at least it was in my part of NNE, we had basically a six week window of reliable summer: July 1 to August 15 or thereabouts. Anytime before July 1 is too fraught with the lingering spring risks of backdoor/ULL misery, and once into the second week of August we're getting those strong cold fronts barreling through so it becomes increasingly tough for the summer warmth to hang on. Thus, every day in that timeframe is precious and can be little afforded being stolen away by rain and gloom, the clock is relentlessly ticking.

Here in AZ though we don't get quite as long daylight near the solstice, given the lower latitude. The big difference is none of that lingering daylight well into the night because we have no DST, so sunsets are around 7:30.

• Like 2