Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

Tonight

Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then rain likely with scattered thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Near steady temperature in the mid 60s. East winds around 5 mph, becoming south after midnight. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wind chill values as low as 120 below.

Oh snap, I didn't think climate change would happen this quick!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Light rain at 57F after a low of 53F.

The past two days have been surprisingly cool for July.  Almost feels like a December cutter, 50s and rain.

Ventilation has swept through down here. 

The early morning higher resolution visible satellite loops really makes evidence how that overnight MCS that swept through laid down a pretty cool air mass and also pooled/assisted in dragging ( finally ..) that west -east lingering boundary that was southern VT/NH yesterday afternoon, S .. In fact, E and ENE trajectories, albeit light and a shallow air mass, have penetrated to N CT / N RI.   

And it is shallow ..I can see elevate turrets leaning and stripping off toward the NE over top, whilst these scuds and strata fragments are moving WSW underneath and lower levels.  I'm guessing 3500' deep in the sounding just by eye-ballin'.  

Kind of interesting... albeit very want diversion.   Yesterday was patients trying - particularly for me... because I was dealing with a refrigerator replacement issue, that became an all day ordeal.  I swear, the appliance industry et al deliberately manufactures device cabinet space 1/4 to 1/2" wider than standard operation home dwelling door jams...deliberately. It became an eye-stingy sweaty saga of screws and parts, doors off, doors on... heavy lifting in 90/74.  The coup de gras was that my A.C. ...primary for the living room and kitchen area up and decided two nights ago to suddenly stop blowing cold air.  Like ...that kind of timing doesn't happen in an organic universe - that is god raping ... period. I hope that offends people too - I'm that upset about it. 

I woke up this morning it was 62 indescribably satisfying alleviation out side, and still 84 in my god-damn living room.  People don't realize - or do... - that your actual physical house re-radiates heat back to the interior air space.  Even if it shock switches out side because of this sort of whiplash BD shit... the house will take two time to drain its thermal quota out of the walls and infrastructure.  The other aspect is, ...I don't even typically use A.C. because I just don't. I'm a fan guy.  Stand-up fan on low 4 feet away, I can take a lot of it just chillin' on the sofa wasting life in a vapid fugue of television like all pacified Americans. But when/if conditions get extreme enough, I will turn mine on - 90/74 with heavy lifting certainly qualifies.  Nope - that's when the A.C. proves the might and dependability of God-bless American industry

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

People don't realize - or do... - that your actual physical house re-radiates heat back to the interior air space. 

Goes the other way, too.  We had hot air heat in our back settlement house in Fort Kent and we'd set the thermostat at 50 when we'd travel.  Arriving home we'd up that to 68, the furnace would get the air to that temp in 10 minutes then kick on again as the cooler structure sucked out the heat.  Went thru 10+ cycles before both air and materials had warmed.

• Like 1

Just looking at the satellite loop and knowing about the quasi BD front down in CT/RI ... I think the larger environmental flow is still is peeling over the top of the low level wedge, and that's what we are seeing that tendency for back building out there SE NY to western CT/Mass.

This air mass also appears to have moved farther S than the support. There is a gap in the pressure pattern N of the low level front -

image.png.93ed3df4e2ca697f40a33ed919070014.png

The front seems to have outpaced the momentum that put it south, I think owing to our suck-geography that loves to give cold air masses a bj ...

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just looking at the satellite loop and knowing about the quasi BD front down in CT/RI ... I think the larger environmental flow is still is peeling over the top of the low level wedge, and that's what we are seeing that tendency for back building out there SE NY to western CT/Mass.

This air mass also appears to have moved farther S than the support. There is a gap in the pressure pattern N of the low level front -

image.png.93ed3df4e2ca697f40a33ed919070014.png

The front seems to have outpaced the momentum that put it south, I think owing to our suck-geography that loves to give cold air masses a bj ...

Wind was blowing pretty hard out of the SW above 3500-4000ft this afternoon up this way at the treeline… while down in the low lands east of the Spine the flow still has some easterly component to it.

I think you mentioned how shallow it was and seemed like 3,000ft thick layer, I’d say that was about right.  Wind was steady SW up high in the clouds.

60EA6D6F-1482-4D8E-8292-4574052CD39F.jpeg.fcb78b9847f3c3e3354c3da341a8012d.jpeg

• Like 2

What a summer . Heat and humidity almost everyday since June other the July 4h weekend disaster. This is a perfect summer 

Details...

Friday night through Thursday...

Warm and humid through the period. PW values diminish to near 1
inch by Sunday, but then increases to around 2 inches again
Tuesday evening through Thursday. Given the number of
shortwaves moving through the flow, expect scattered
showers/thunder most days. The best chance of having no wet
weather is Sunday, 
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a summer . Heat and humidity almost everyday since June other the July 4h weekend disaster. This is a perfect summer 

Details...

weather is Sunday, 

What heat ? 80's in July? LOLZ

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Details...

weather is Sunday, 

Stein:

Right now Saturday looks to be partly sunny with a few scattered showers, perhaps centered earlier in the day, and temperatures in the upper 70s. My pick of the weekend is Sunday. That day looks partly to mostly sunny with highs up near 80. There is not any major heat in sight for now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Next week looks like 90+ from

Tuedsay right thru day 10. It’s plain as day if you look at setup with huge WAR and SW flow. Tips been on it for days. Is that Stein dead and buried in Mitch’s backyard?

The real question is, if Epstein continues complaining about too much rain in his garden, does the Stein phrase change to mean too much rain?

:stein:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Next week looks like 90+ from

Tuedsay right thru day 10. It’s plain as day if you look at setup with huge WAR and SW flow. Tips been on it for days. Is that Stein dead and buried in Mitch’s backyard?

i need the heat man, cant stand these 70 degree days

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Details...

weather is Sunday, 

Coldest and rainiest memorial day on record. Coldest and rainiest 4th of July on record. Rainiest first week to July. Yup, quite a summer...

Perfect for cookouts and the beach. What a summer!

* From Midnight EDT tonight through Friday afternoon.

* During tonight and Friday, rainfall from Elsa is expected to bring
  2 to 4 inches of rain, with a swath of 3 to 6 inches possible
  across the interior.
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Perfect for cookouts and the beach. What a summer!

* From Midnight EDT tonight through Friday afternoon.

* During tonight and Friday, rainfall from Elsa is expected to bring
  2 to 4 inches of rain, with a swath of 3 to 6 inches possible
  across the interior.

I couldn’t get those ranges for snowfall here after 12/17 last winter. This summer with rain, no problem. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

ORH -4.1F so far this month.  BOS -3.6*

torch!???

my lowest 3 high temps since July 1: 58.6, 64.9, and 68.9. Highest temp was 86.9. that's not a July you tell your grandkids about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

torch!???

my lowest 3 high temps since July 1: 58.6, 64.9, and 68.9. Highest temp was 86.9. that's not a July you tell your grandkids about.

Other than the endless rains, cold temperatures and cloudy skies this is a perfect summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Other than the endless rains, cold temperatures and cloudy skies this is a perfect summer.

to be fair, June was a pretty decent month up here. I don't do averages, so I don't know where it stood compared to average. we had 2 very cool days with highs of 61.5 and 64.6, but we did have 9 days with temps at or above 90. and we only got less than 1.5" of rain. I'd say it was warmer than normal, with some very hot days (high of 97.3)