Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

18z NAM puts up a 95 supporting atmosphere at 18z Tuesday for interior/metrowest

please no , as a fall/winter person, all I can say we slowly "tick" the other way, I "think" we begin to loose about one minute of daylight starting around July 12th or so.

I know, don't wish it away so fast, but I work outside and am tired of having swamp ass by 8am!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 512high said:

please no , as a fall/winter person, all I can say we slowly "tick" the other way, I "think" we begin to loose about one minute of daylight starting around July 12th or so.

I know, don't wish it away so fast, but I work outside and am tired of having swamp ass by 8am!

Lol..you’re already loosing time/daylight. But you/we have the height of summer still ahead of you/us.  Lots of heat and humidity yet to come 512.  

Today was the First Day here in central CT where the sun went down one minute earlier than it did last night.  The latest sunset is 8:29 pm here..it’s been holding at that 8:29 time since the 21st of June/solstice, until tonight. Tonight it was 8:28.   Although we’ve lost about 5-6 minutes already in the morning since the solstice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..you’re already loosing time/daylight. But you/we have the height of summer still ahead of you/us.  Lots of heat and humidity yet to come 512.  

Today was the First Day here in central CT where the sun went down one minute earlier than it did last night.  The latest sunset is 8:29 pm here..it’s been holding at that 8:29 time since the 21st of June/solstice, until tonight. Tonight it was 8:28.   Although we’ve lost about 5-6 minutes already in the morning since the solstice.

• Like 2

Storm total 0.88" - don't need to water the garden today.  Sandy River came up 2" ;) but also isn't setting record flows though still well below 25th percentile.  After 2 consecutive days with max 56 (3 if one ignores the cheap evening high recorded for 7/2) got down to 42-43 this AM.  3rd straight morning with an AM fire in the stove, burning the low value fir from a tree that fell last fall.

• Like 2

Dog day pattern if you remove the GFS speed bias ...

basically slow moving low amplitude waves that have weak CAA and modest WAA defining their transport media -

should be modestly above normal after the Tue/Wed 'faux' heat wave.   although i suspect this will be like the 19th thru 23rd of June, where it's 88.9 at all ASOS but 91.2 over everyone's driveway, parking lots and thoroughfares them two days .. 'maybe' Thur makes the cut.

These huge ridge heat dome phenomenon have not had that much longevity.. It is interesting that they are not defining in the seasonal scope - more like the oscillatory nature between those and offsetting cooler periods is the distinction.  Not sure what that means, other than weird -  California's interior Central Valley looks doomed again D5-8 ...then the flow out there  and here looks flat under hemispheric +decimals SD canvased positive geopotential medium.  like this oscillatory behavior wants to diminish toward more typical summer entropy

11 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I'm in love with the readability of this mobile website. 

So here's a unique cloud shot from marina Bay. Nothing special. But see how sharp the sunset cuts off in that upper left corner? Must be lens playing tricks? 20210705_114748-min.thumb.jpg.8a8601091266751a6a24ee22bdcb00e9.jpg

I agree. The readability is much better. 

17 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Tomorrow probably not worth a thread right? As far as I can tell, there isn't much of a triggering mechanism or shear, even though we won't want for instability

I think it's a decent look. Relatively steep mid level lapse rates, ~40 knots of westerly flow at 700mb, etc. I think we get some good bangers. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I think it's a decent look. Relatively steep mid level lapse rates, ~40 knots of westerly flow at 700mb, etc. I think we get some good bangers. 

quick question for a non-met: how do strong midlevel winds help to organize storms? I can visualize how intuitively but I don't really know the mechanics

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Went from warmest pool temp in June ever at 87 degrees to coldest July temp of 66 in 5 days. POR 14 years

Ours went from 87 (wamest evah) to 72 (solar cover helps) , kids were in it yesterday having a blast.  But I had to empty about 3" of excess water from the rain. We probably added 5" in total. The level was the highest I had ever seen it (5 years)

Just based purely on 30 years of this pointless distraction ...

that experience for some reason doesn't like the look of hashes that squeeze the N edge from slgt to nothing over a bike ride's distance along a straight west to east axis -

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just based purely on 30 years of this pointless distraction ...

that experience for some reason doesn't like the look of hashes that squeeze the N edge from slgt to nothing over a bike ride's distance along a straight west to east axis -

looks a little bizarre yeah