• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    samithdfm
    Newest Member
    samithdfm

OBS and nowcast 10A-5P both Mon and Tue 2/22-23

8 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Nope. These happen every once in a while. Relatively rare, but happens.

This was actually more interesting than a lot of rain on the snowpack events...just watching the progression on the traffic cameras was fascinating.  Frustrating too as I saw heavy snow as close as 10 miles to the southwest while it was raining here.  There could have been some tweaks to the 3k NAM ptype maps on TT, but if you looked at the model soundings, it nailed this again!

Now I gotta get some work done.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 12:30 pm we're up to 1.5" and it's pouring snow at 33F.  Gorgeous.  Hoping the rain holds off, but the radar looks close for sleet, I assume. 

Started mixing around 12:45 with rain, so I measured and got 1.75"; since then it's been mostly rain (not sleet, as the dual pol indicates it might be) with some flakes mixed in.  That might be it for us, unless it's an intensity issue, but that's all bonus snow.  Still 33F.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And just like that it turned to rain here on SI,  but still picked up 1.5" which accumulated on all surfaces... highest of course on top of old snow. Temp was 36° when snow began at around 11am and dropped to 33°.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Started mixing around 12:45 with rain, so I measured and got 1.75"; since then it's been mostly rain (not sleet, as the dual pol indicates it might be) with some flakes mixed in.  That might be it for us, unless it's an intensity issue, but that's all bonus snow.  Still 33F.  

Sleet starting to mix in here now. A snow-sleet mix. I just measured 2.2". Really nice to get over 2 inches for the event here in extreme northern Middlesex county!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Some slush on car tops and other cold surfaces. Borderline heavy snow. Based on CC I’m about to go back to rain. 

Is there a link to the radar that accurately depicts rain/snow line?

4 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Is there a link to the radar that accurately depicts rain/snow line?

You should go to weather.cod.edu and look up the radar that shows Correlation Coefficient. I use RadarScope depiction of it. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Still heavy snow here, and I'm in northern Middlsex. COD NEXRAD is showing the mix line still a little to our south.

radar shows as of 1 pm should still be snow by you  I am rain with a few flakes I am about 10 miles east of you...

Well it looks like a snow globe out here..heavy snow currently. Awaiting the heavier echos. Curious to see if it flips to rain or stays as very heavy snow..everything in the bronx is snowcovered it seems!!

• Thanks 1

Been plain rain here from the start, far as I know.  Uncommon (unfortunate) rain/snow line for sure.  Scrolling back I see northern Nassau was getting good snow at least for awhile, and seeing Levittown apparently was snow too.  Few minutes drive from there to here and I don't think we saw a flake here.

• Thanks 1

That was a nice final event. Looks like a few inches with a nice snow globe look outside.

I'm definitely ready for spring now as this event officially puts me over 40".

• Like 1