• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

Great day. Great little storm for us here in Worcester. Added to the pack and more coming. I'll take a few 2-4 inch falls every few days to keep winter feeling like winter without knocking flat on our haunches with a series of monster storms. 2015 was fantastic in a lot of ways, but it was a nightmare trying to find places to put it all in an urban environment.  I'll take this and below freezing temps. On the other hand, I'd be lying if I said a 36" monster wouldn't be exciting.

Anyhow great day. Great storm. Great discussions. And I didn't have to regret cancelling after all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not home 8.5 when I left. Will let ya know after the game

this stuff is settling fast! might be the same or less when u get back lol

At 3:28 i took my 2nd to last measurement at 7.9". I cleared a small area (not for measuring the final total but to just see how much new snow fell). When i went to take the final total at like 515 i had 1 tenth more to put me at 8.0" but the space i cleared had at least a half an inch. So another half inch+ fell during two hours time but only added up to .1" on the board on top of what had already fallen. 

9 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Snow stated little more than two hours ago. Already 3.5” down. Heavy snow with little wind. Great snow growth. Seems to be the theme of this system. Haven’t even got into the meat of the storm yet. Impressive and worth the wait.

#NovaScotiaStrong

If I am converting EC correctly....15"-20", with 60mph wind gusts?

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What was your call again? Lots of Monday morning quarterbacking from someone who didn’t issue a forecast. Lame 

Throw up a map for the next event hoss 

I said a few times I think we all do ok and said  3-5/5-7 bro.  Not 1-3 like you had. Go back and look brotha. And I still busted low... For you too. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I said a few times I think we all do ok and said  3-5/5-7 bro.  Not 1-3 like you had. Go back and look brotha. And I still busted low... For you too. 

It panned out better than I anticipated... probably would have been better off sticking with my original map. Thought the area tics would sink it a bit. Didn’t happen

23 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

this stuff is settling fast! might be the same or less when u get back lol

At 3:28 i took my 2nd to last measurement at 7.9". I cleared a small area (not for measuring the final total but to just see how much new snow fell). When i went to take the final total at like 515 i had 1 tenth more to put me at 8.0" but the space i cleared had at least a half an inch. So another half inch+ fell during two hours time but only added up to .1" on the board on top of what had already fallen. 

The last few inches I cleared off the driveway were much wetter than the first six inches of fluff this morning.

• Like 1