Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

5 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

I'm not sure I buy it verbatim, but my sympathies to our Baltimore residents. 

Well, all you have to do is look at the traffic cameras. There is clearly a nasty UHL effect in the cities.  Elevation seems to help in the immediate suburbs north of Washington DC, and northern part of Baltimore Beltway some, but this storm is what it is, and it's not hard to see if you just look at easily available and accurate traffic cameras  https://chart.maryland.gov/trafficcameras/index.php

Just now, real said:

Well, all you have to do is look at the traffic cameras. There is clearly a nasty UHL effect in the cities.  Elevation seems to help in the immediate suburbs north of Washington DC, and northern part of Baltimore Beltway some, but this storm is what it is, and it's not hard to see if you just look at easily available and accurate traffic cameras  

It’s snowing now throughout Baltimore but it just made the switch. So yeah there’s not any accums yet for most of us but maybe soon 

8 minutes ago, real said:

Most Traffic cameras show wet and no accumulation in Baltimore too, especially inside the Beltway and even many along 695.

https://www.weatherbug.com/traffic-cam/baltimore-md-21217

It's wild how sharp the cutoff seems to be here. I'm less than 10 mi. north of 695, and it's been moderate to (occasionally) heavy snow for almost 2 hours. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic