Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Erin, I've lived in Germantown before and the difference between certain areas of town and others is stark. At Milestone off 355 and 29, roads can be wet, but my in-laws off Brink and into the local hills can have fully caved roads and treacherous driving conditions. It's weird. Don't fret though. Enjoy the snow!

When I measure the snowfall in every storm, my measurement only 3 miles from Milestone off 355 is higher than others in Germantown!  to others, it seems like I am fudging my numbers! All my career I have dealt with numbers and mathematical modeling/algorithms and I always double checking my numbers to make sure it is accurate but still it goes higher.:)  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ka60 said:

When I measure the snowfall in every storm, my measurement only 3 miles from Milestone off 355 is higher than others in Germantown!  to others, it seems like I am fudging my numbers! All my career I have dealt with numbers and mathematical modeling/algorithms and I always double checking my numbers to make sure it is accurate but still it goes higher.:)  

Microclimates in that area are real! Used to have the same thing at my in-laws when I lived there for a year. Germantown would have white rain and I'd measure 1-2" at the house. It's bizarre, but it's MoCo! 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic