Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I read your post then looked at that table and had to re read it.........lol

Ha I did the same, the nearby table looks like a foot but then the back one looks like 6” like he said.

Gonna be a fun evening browsing the epic posts from the all-snow crowd that’s getting destroyed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

omg heaviest snow of the day gotta be 3/hr rates out there, zero vis high winds.

Ya it’s crazy here too.  Was just outside experiencing it...The wind is relentless.  Tried to find some good measuring areas, it’s drifting everywhere. I’d say about 13-14” here(could be a LIL conservative?), and still hauling ass. 

Southern CT def gettin smoked. Seems like most of our major snowstorms these last few years have tended to deliver the majority of the snow in quick bursts of extreme accumulation, like that Dec. storm where we picked up the better part of a foot mostly in just a couple hours... But this one, this has just been solid very heavy snow/near blizzard from the moment I woke up today (which admittedly was close to noon) and it's still going strong as ever right now, with no letup. That is indeed impressive, and its definitely been a minute since we've seen one like this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I did the same, the nearby table looks like a foot but then the back one looks like 6” like he said.

Gonna be a fun evening browsing the epic posts from the all-snow crowd that’s getting destroyed.

And i can't wait for my 18dbz rates and watch the 30dbz+ ones 30 miles to my SE over the water.

• Haha 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya it’s crazy here too.  Was just outside experiencing it...The wind is relentless.  Tried to find some good measuring areas, it’s drifting everywhere. I’d say about 13-14” here(could be a LIL conservative?), and still hauling ass. 

13-14” is right in my range. I measure and clear 2 spots and take the avg. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We need to get him a better light. Looks like a little bit of drizzle.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Looks grainy.

Lol that light sucks. Snow growth is actually very good. That pic also may have been longer exposure since it was kind of looking into the darker area there...so all the flakes appear as little streaks.