Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

One word — subsidence

There are more than a few subby zones with this one.  The radar has been awesome over my head but I have had confectionery sugar falling 70% of the time.   It pours good dendrites for a few minutes, then I hear a good wind gust 1000' up and I go right back to arctic fog snow.  

At 25F this type of snow also makes the roads super slick.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There are more than a few subby zones with this one.  The radar has been awesome over my head but I have had confectionery sugar falling 70% of the time.   It pours good dendrites for a few minutes, then I hear a good wind gust 1000' up and I go right back to arctic fog snow.  

At 25F this type of snow also makes the roads super slick.

Yeah same here... the snow quality isn’t very impressive and ratios won’t be great.

18 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Also, once again Hamden plowing is a travesty. They plowed a couple times early this morning when we had less than an inch. Now there's a foot and they're nowhere to be seen.

Id try to see it from their prospective and take into account logistics and priority. The snow wasnt nearly as heavy so they could focus on side streets more.

When theres this much otg and this heavy for several hours straight, highways and main roads probably take priority. I'm no expert but thats just the logic i see. Happens almost every big storm. Lots of passes early then they're gone until the storm is over.