Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 24-26th Something Potential

Chicago Storm

21 minutes ago, andyhb said:

Yes. This is exactly it. The confluence between the TPV dipping southeastward into Ontario and the SE ridge downstream.

Well without the block, its raining most places, but the blocks also shearing it out. Thus is the hard knock big dog life in SE MI. Maybe we'll luck out and it will keep its act together longer.

• Like 1

I must say, I am getting a lot more interested in this storm, as the swath of snow may very well go through Toledo and Fort Wayne. One thing to note, the ECMWF/Canadian have a heavy snow axis of over 12" (10:1 ratio) from southern Nebraska out to eastern Iowa or western Illinois. The GFS has some freezing rain for this area. In fact, the Canadian does have some sleet in this area, (northern Missouri especially). I am wondering if that counts as snow on the Kuchera snow plots. 

The area of concern in the shortest time frame would be heavy snow/sleet/freezing rain areas for KS/NE/IA/MO, with Topeka, Kansas City, Des Moines, and Davenport being the most interesting areas with larger populations.

• Like 1