Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2021

Eskimo Joe

3 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

So we just ended a period where several significant coastal storm snowmakers were model predicted which instead ended up in the Great Lakes. Been going on for 20 years with no significant improvement. 

Which storm recently was supposed to be a snowstorm?  I must have missed that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Which storm recently was supposed to be a snowstorm?  I must have missed that. 

He has his opinions on NWP, which he is certainly entitled to, but opinions not backed by facts aren't worth much in the scientific community. Not sure why he even posts here, other than to troll.

• Like 1

HREF guidance at 00z pegs a corridor of light ZR accumulations across areas west of US15 out to the 81 corridor. There's a secondary bit along Pars Ridge in Carroll and the PA Line from Thurmont/Emmitsburg to northern Harford County. It's minor at 0.01-0.1" of ZR with temps between 29-32F for 3-6 hrs. It might make for tricky travel in the early morning before surface sufficiently rebounds above freezing between 14-17z everywhere. The further NE you are, the longer the sub-freezing temps will hold in this setup. Could be rough from PSU-Mappy-Jarretsville tomorrow morning. 

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

HREF guidance at 00z pegs a corridor of light ZR accumulations across areas west of US15 out to the 81 corridor. There's a secondary bit along Pars Ridge in Carroll and the PA Line from Thurmont/Emmitsburg to northern Harford County. It's minor at 0.01-0.1" of ZR with temps between 29-32F for 3-6 hrs. It might make for tricky travel in the early morning before surface sufficiently rebounds above freezing between 14-17z everywhere. The further NE you are, the longer the sub-freezing temps will hold in this setup. Could be rough from PSU-Mappy-Jarretsville tomorrow morning. 

*ahem* I'll have you know I'm on the southern end of Jackpotville™.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

It’s very dry, was there supposed to be precip?

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Guidance is hinting at a bit of an inverted trough near the area on Tuesday. Some places could get some nice bands of snow showers with that. Right now the placement would favor just to our northeast. Climo says that’s more likely. But it’s close enough to point out. You never know. 

Yes, I do.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just got home from Deep creek lake and its 33 imby .  My friends who own Lakestar Lodge called last minute and said they had 1 room for last night . So I went up yesterday and skied last night at Wisp and drove back this morning.  Rain was changing to snow in Frostburg around 10:30 am  on returning. Foggy as heck too in Deep creek. Stopped by short story brewing co and got a couple 4 packs to go . Good beer 

Had some wet snow flakes mixing in when I passed through Frostburg this morning (basically at about the same time as you!) heading back to Arlington.  A nasty drive on 68 though with the fog and rain.  

Mountains should get 2-4” from the Tuesday clipper.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic