Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Discobs 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 hour ago, Round Hill WX said:

The roads are icy. Saw a bunch of crashes on my way into work. 

Yeah. I wasn't anticipating skies being clear the whole night (I expected temps between 32-36F for my pre-dawn run (Actual Low: 28F)).So during my run this morning I was anxiously awaiting some rogue black ice on the damp looking pavement and roads to cause me to wipe out. I, however, survived unscathed.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, nj2va said:

Had some wet snow flakes mixing in when I passed through Frostburg this morning (basically at about the same time as you!) heading back to Arlington.  A nasty drive on 68 though with the fog and rain.  

Mountains should get 2-4” from the Tuesday clipper.

Hope so! My snowpack has been decimated, only shoveled piles remain.

2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Not according to every trained spotter in the entire area you unhinged clod

Keep in mind since you aren't sure where you live which is SE of Leesburg the closest 5" report snow/ice was Purcellville which is 10 miles to your NW. This is after the storm finished before the freezing rain. I know you won't care but I felt compelled to at least present my case. 

Screenshot_20210105-065048_Chrome.jpg

Another cloudy, cool, dank day.  Predictably,  again, not a flake of snow, just a few spits of sprinkles.

For just once, just one stinking time in my life, I wish we could get seemingly-endless cloudy, cool weather AFTER a snow storm.  Just once, instead of the inevitable bright sunshine that immediately eviscerates the snow irregardless of temperature. 

Just once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Keep in mind since you aren't sure where you live which is SE of Leesburg the closest 5" report snow/ice was Purcellville which is 10 miles to your NW. This is after the storm finished before the freezing rain. I know you won't care but I felt compelled to at least present my case. 

Screenshot_20210105-065048_Chrome.jpg

sorry man. i got at 4 inches of snow and i know i got at least an inch of sleet(we had some major sleet also from 8pm to 11pm)

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Raise your hand if you know what the hell @leesburg 04 and @Ji are going on about. All I saw was a post about snow tv and now we are talking about some past event.

Ji inflates his snow totals. Leesburg is calling him out for it. Notice how Ji said he got 5", then downgraded to 4" with some sleet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

Ji inflates his snow totals. Leesburg is calling him out for it. Notice how Ji said he got 5", then downgraded to 4" with some sleet. 

I get that (I can’t stop laughing) but they weren’t even talking about a storm. Look at the post Ji replied to.

1 hour ago, George BM said:

There's an interesting vorticity-max showing up on LWX radar centered near the eastern tip of the WVA Panhandle. Perhaps it enhanced any showers/snow showers this afternoon?

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=LWX-N0Q-1-48-50-usa-rad

Sweet. I could really use some enhanced showers here.

:axe:

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Mid Atlantic snow showers are snow flurries anywhere else. If you’ve never experienced convective snow showers you’re missing out. Not sure you can get those on the east side of the mountains.

Yeah. Our standards are pretty low here in general. :unsure: 

Once in a while we luck into more legit convective snow showers like on February 9, 2017, ... April 9, 2016 from NVA into SMD, ...and, of course, the favorite recent convective snow event in these parts... February 14, 2015. 

I'd love more than anything to experience a January 25, 1985 event here. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, George BM said:

Yeah. Our standards are pretty low here in general. :unsure: 

Once in a while we luck into more legit convective snow showers like on February 9, 2017, ... April 9, 2016 from NVA into SMD, ...and, of course, the favorite recent convective snow event in these parts... February 14, 2015. 

I'd love more than anything to experience a January 25, 1985 event here. 

Unfortunately you’ll never experience a Jan 25, 1985 east of the mountains. 

But I can testify it was something else. We were below zero for about 60 hours ... bottom at -26

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic