Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Couple of potential S/Ws behind that. One for like 1/18 and another for 1/20. Of course, shortwaves can disappear and show up more than 3-4 days out so that caveat applies.

People are sick of hearing it, but that’s a great look. We didn’t cash in on the “decent” pattern which stinks (unless we see a miracle inside of 5 days here), but now we reload into a great pattern after 1/16ish. 

Reverse psychology 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

I love snow but I also like nice weather and it's been nice weather this week. My Brother and Sister-in-law did the 2 hour drive from Exeter NH for an outdoor visit and fire this afternoon.  A few double IPA's and nothing to complain about.  Still an inch of glacier in the yard so still looks/feels like winter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What’s the reasoning ? Why should that one , but the other 5 prior did not?

Because the N stream w an ideal block is a safer bet than s stream with 903 SWs and block slightly displaced to the south.

No guarantees in weather, but that is the safest bet you will ever get at that range.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, radarman said:

Yeah I was gonna do my first examination of elevated, shallow ponds today.  We're getting close.

Ice in Petersham was plenty safe.  4-5".  Several skaters although the surfaces were partially snowcovered and a bit less than ideal.  Some warm rain would help.  Ice fishermen on some of the bigger ponds.

Gorgeous afternoon up at Stone Cow too.

1 minute ago, radarman said:

Ice in Petersham was plenty safe.  4-5".  Several skaters although the surfaces were partially snowcovered and a bit less than ideal.  Some warm rain would help.  Ice fishermen on the some of the bigger ponds.

Gorgeous afternoon up at Stone Cow too.

Yeah, pond skating is on this week.  People were fishing out on Barton Cove today! 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All the ponds and lakes here are thick enough to ice fish and skate. Saw people doing both this weekend. A week plus of mid 30’s over upper teens /low 20’s thickens em up 

Nothing close to being frozen over here.  Hiking in parks is about all you can do for recreation.

5 hours ago, dryslot said:

Go deeper.

Yeah. I think they're going to drill right next to the other one. Then they can use the same lines/conduit/wiring. My current one is 100ft. They'll probably have to go down at least 250ft. They put the new pump in and I'm supposed to flush it for a good 45 minutes to get the sediment and chlorine shock out, but the well is going dry after about 45 seconds. I have to let the whole thing fill up for about an hour so I can get a few cycles of flushing in before the pump sucks air. I don't want to burn up a new pump so I've been back and forth with the breaker all day. :axe:

Anyway...nice day today weather wise. Haven't looked at a model so I guess I'll catch up now. :weenie:

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Yeah. I think they're going to drill right next to the other one. Then they can use the same lines/conduit/wiring. My current one is 100ft. They'll probably have to go down at least 250ft. They put the new pump in and I'm supposed to flush it for a good 45 minutes to get the sediment and chlorine shock out, but the well is going dry after about 45 seconds. I have to let the whole thing fill up for about an hour so I can get a few cycles of flushing in before the pump sucks air. I don't want to burn up a new pump so I've been back and forth with the breaker all day. :axe:

Anyway...nice day today weather wise. Haven't looked at a model so I guess I'll catch up now. :weenie:

Best of luck getting this up and running in short order.  Not much worse then not having potable water for yourself.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That sucks to have to deal with well issues this time of year, But water is a necessity.