Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

False. 

5 hours ago, wdrag said:
Good Sunday morning everyone, Dec 10.

No significant widespread hazardous wintry weather events are showing up in the preponderance of modeling for the next two weeks, nor any sustained below normal cold. Eventually something has to change.  I will probably will wait 2 or 3 successive consistent op and ensemble cycles before any potential topic. Just too much suppression.

15-16th 500MB digging into the northeast USA still looks impressive but probably too late for any wave on the front. GFS is just charging offshore  with the cfront while one 00z/10 GGEM cycle holds back and offers minimal hope for the 16th.  NAEFS is not impressed with anything around here through the 25th. Make it a good one. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s the point. They’ve had snowstorms all month . We haven’t had one . Persistence forecasting is best 

Well the month is 10 days in(1/3),  2/3 yet to go. 

You may end up being right, and The next 3 weeks of January we get shut out?  That’s always a possibility?  However, I’m not thinking that happens.  After a while the law of averages catch up with everything, and we can’t dodge every bullet.  At least that’s my take.   But I get the frustration...but lots of winter to go.  Things will shift and we’ll have our chances imo.  

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

None of the ENS have any chance of anything thru the 25th. What does he expect we’re gonna do , post hopes and wishes lol? There’s literally another 15 days of nothing

Does posting doom and gloom make it better. Its a part of life. Get over it and move on. There are things to talk about that are not negative. Again.. Isn't there a separate section to put all the "BANTER" into? C'mon man. Your like a kid when you respond..... Lol

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Does posting doom and gloom make it better. Its a part of life. Get over it and move on. There are things to talk about that are not negative. Again.. Isn't there a separate section to put all the "BANTER" into? C'mon man. Your like a kid when you respond..... Lol

Quoting and expanding on it is so much more fruitful lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Lock it in.

image.png.23fc8865c70c4f408fafb254aa71ae1e.png

This is a perfect example of damage and tollands quote on us not having anything until at least the 25th. To take a model run or model runs now and say we're not having anything to the 25th he's like me telling you you're not going to pass gas in the next 24 hours. You just don't know

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

This is a perfect example of damage and tollands quote on us not having anything until at least the 25th. To take a model run or model runs now and say we're not having anything to the 25th he's like me telling you you're not going to pass gas in the next 24 hours. You just don't know

That event, as modeled there, has left a significant amount on the table, too.....by like....half.

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

There has been something modeled and on ensembles in the 16-18th period for several days if not a week or so, Won't get sorted out for a while longer as the pattern over CONUS @H5 is different every model run.

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I had a contest with this kid about 65 summers ago.  I lost by one measly fart.

• Haha 4