Total Members
    Most Online
    Stormheartgypsy
    Newest Member
    Stormheartgypsy

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

18z GFS with a monster March Snowstorm for VA late in the run 

When I saw that run I though of you. Wonder how many inches of fantasy snow has been up that way? 

2 hours ago, Grayman said:

When I saw that run I though of you. Wonder how many inches of fantasy snow has been up that way? 

A lot! I have had about 7" this winter with 2 Major Ice Storms. So if it doesn't do anything else,  it's a win winter for up here... sure would have loved to have gotten the big one though 

22 minutes ago, Buckfever2 said:

We have grapple falling in Dallas Georgia at 43°

Same here in Gainesville. Despite temps in the mid 40s I've Been watching for it for the last few days since models were showing such   such dry air was in place. Nothing impressive but im sure its the Last shot of any frozen precip around these parts until next season. 

On 3/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, WinstonSalemArlington said:

They don’t call your town Summerville for nothing. 

Right? Apparently it’s where Sweet Tea was invented too

Why does my point and click on weatherbug show a sloppy mix Monday the 15th and Tuesday the 16th? Didn’t they get the message that I’m done with these games?  :gun_bandana: 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Why does my point and click on weatherbug show a sloppy mix Monday the 15th and Tuesday the 16th? Didn’t they get the message that I’m done with these games?  :gun_bandana: 

Well I have a frozen mix on tap here in the Triad with a high of 60° and a low of 44°.  There must be some serious government testing going on. Likely to see some of that plastic snow that wont melt and just burns like they had in Texas.  As long as it shovels easily I guess I'm cool with artificial snow.  :arrowhead:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

LOL It shows frozen mix here on Tues, the 16th with a high of 63 and a low of 46. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I’ll take “things that won’t happen for $100 Alex” 

D50231-C8-D438-4-DEB-A401-A940-E696-B5-C

Book it. Start the thread. We can even name it after you. “The Northhills monster” 

Looks to get wet again next week. Nothing too bad but this dry stretch has been nice.  Probably between a quarter to three quarters of an inch of rain. 1" plus in the western part of the state

• Like 2

Actually has alot of ice back to the triad as well.  

For some fun, check out the mountain west forum.  Denver is looking to get a huge snowstorm this weekend.  Models have been spitting out anywhere from 10-50".  The Denver AFD is good as it features convection, hail, graupel, heavy snow, dry slot, ratios, and even mixing.  

TW

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wncsnow said:

That'll stunt things a bit 

sfct.us_ma (22).png

They are already calling for mid 30's for us for 2 mornings next week.

My water bill is going to be high next month.  It's been very dry here.... Summer could be bad.   

April showers can only bring May flowers if it actually rains.  I hope we’re not going into an extended dry period.  The last two decent rains I’ve had IMBY were March 31 and April 10.  Looks dry for the next week or more.

Heck of a dry stretch setting up while it’s already been quite drive this entire month. Seeds of a drought? Haven’t mentioned that word in here for a few years 

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Heck of a dry stretch setting up while it’s already been quite drive this entire month. Seeds of a drought? Haven’t mentioned that word in here for a few years 

While the temperature isn't warm enough for my Bermuda to take off yet, I would like a little moisture to help green it up.  
With that said, I've absolutely loved all the time outside my family has been able to spend...especially with no humidity and sweating to worry about.