Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Love how my corner of Norristown Baltimore city is literally dotted, lol

I usually follow the zones LWX has, they split all the counties that run along the line into two parts. Baltimore County splits at the Hereford Zone line, so a little north of the actually fall line but close enough.

12 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

I-95 is about the fall line. It is a bit west of that. You can wiki it. Great falls is a result of the falls, but it used to be a bit east of that

It’s also the demarcation line from fresh water to sea water (at least partial)

Coastal plain has tidal waters

55 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

That may be true, but unless you are measuring every six hours and melting the snow to get liquid equivalent, you have no idea what ratios you usually get. That said, if you are that informed about local climo, then you don't even need a snow map. I don't look at snow maps for my place at 1600' in Northern NH. :) 

I have enough experience with snow growing up in New England and upstate NY to know the difference between 15:1 and 10:1 and 5:1 snow when I get it without melting it down.  I get both above and below 10:1 here, but this storm's thermals from 850s to 925s to 2m here at 1540' appear to be the kind of setup where I tend to get 12:1 or more.  We shall see.

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic