Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

p25 will do. :weenie:

That really would be a "give me that and we're good the rest of winter" storm...40" lol

34 minutes ago, mappy said:

Runs today all looking good IMBY. :snowing:

We are in good shape I think.  Even if this takes one of the more inside tracks like that one GFS or some of the euro runs, historically that track with a pretty stout high in southern Quebec would still produce a 8"+ snowfall up here.  If this stays offshore we could do REALLY well.  But for us I think it is more of a matter of how significant will the snow be not whether it will be significant.  Assuming your bar for significant isn't Ji level.  

27 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

This isn't bad I think.  Gun to head, I'd probably say 5-10" for MBY.  I'm pretty close to the boundary between his 6-12" and 3-6".  

His zones are ok but somewhere in that 6-12 will be a 12+.  I get that its too soon to nail down where though.  

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Converts to 1.5” I’ll take it!

Just now, psuhoffman said:

That really would be a "give me that and we're good the rest of winter" storm...40" lol

We are in good shape I think.  Even if this takes one of the more inside tracks like that one GFS or some of the euro runs, historically that track with a pretty stout high in southern Quebec would still produce a 8"+ snowfall up here.  If this stays offshore we could do REALLY well.  But for us I think it is more of a matter of how significant will the snow be not whether it will be significant.  Assuming your bar for significant isn't Ji level.  

His zones are ok but somewhere in that 6-12 will be a 12+.  I get that its too soon to nail down where though.  

Nah, you know me, any snow is good

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

I usually follow the zones LWX has, they split all the counties that run along the line into two parts. Baltimore County splits at the Hereford Zone line, so a little north of the actually fall line but close enough.

Actually if ya really wanna be OCD with it...since I live about 10-15 mins south of Towson, I guess I'd clear the dotted line...but not sure how much different it is from the other side, lol

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

He's still around some, but lives just across the PA border now.

Banter, but I was just up in Shrewsbury yesterday. We took @mappy’s advice and hit some tree farms up there, but nothing much left in the cut your own lots, so went across the PA line. Not much luck there either. We ended up getting our tree at a local tree farm called Lowe’s.

Fun drive though.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, mappy said:

I usually follow the zones LWX has, they split all the counties that run along the line into two parts. Baltimore County splits at the Hereford Zone line, so a little north of the actually fall line but close enough.

Actually if ya really wanna be OCD with it...since I live about 10-15 mins south of Towson, I guess I'd clear the dotted line...but not sure how much different it is from the other side, lol

Just now, WxUSAF said:

You just want all of us to see how you're in the 20"+ zone

Ha, don’t think I’ll see that much. But never know if that band sets up overhead 

Just now, H2O said:

Eff it. I’ll take 6” and run 

For December and living south, 6” is pretty good 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic