Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..what happened?  We were going good, too bad we couldn’t keep the snow going.  Rates bad would be my guess.  

Couldn't keep that initial band overhead and ended up in a bit of a suck zone, but the complete flip to rain after that is a little surprising still. Not seeing a flake outside.

Heavy rain (1.2" so far) and winds shifted to NE and increasing (23mph). Shredding some of the decorations. Went outside to pick up some furniture that got blown over and there are just a few big wet flakes mixing in with the rain here at the N. Kingstown RI beach. Not real optimistic about any serious flakes today down here. 41 degrees.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Thunderblizzard said:

Couldn't keep that initial band overhead and ended up in a bit of a suck zone, but the complete flip to rain after that is a little surprising still. Not seeing a flake outside.

Ya I agree.  Oh well, hopefully we fare better next time around when there’s a legit high to the north during the next nor’easter.  
Nothing worse than a cold 34 degree rain though...ugh. 

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Where did you set up?

Initially Henniker but moved to Londonderry this morning right during the changeover, it’s SE of concord I believe. Was a good move. Would probably prefer to be even farther S/SE right now. I could’ve gone to SE Maine just didn’t want like an 8 hour drive home or whatever it is.

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

Initially Henniker but moved to Londonderry this morning right during the changeover, it’s SE of concord I believe. Was a good move. Would probably prefer to be even farther S/SE right now. I could’ve gone to SE Maine just didn’t want like an 8 hour drive home or whatever it is.

Londonderry will do great later on. Decent chance they end up under a death band. 

1 minute ago, Wentzadelphia said:

There is no southeast Maine

• Haha 2

Nice deformation on the back edge. You can see the converging and stretching of the echoes aloft well east of ENX. Snowing hard here despite meh echoes. It almost seems like the bright banding near the sfc of GYX is having an effect downstream well away from the radar...not sure if that’s even possible.

1853CB82-F57A-4792-97E2-F173BE9535DC.gif

• Thanks 1