• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M

Monday, November 30, 2020 Heavy Rain, Strong Winds, and Severe Convection

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I really wish we had done more after-action on that event. I know our forecasts could've been better leading into the event (ramped up late on Saturday or early Sunday IIRC) and I'm not sure how well it was communicated once we starting honking.

That storm had a 15-30 minute blast (different times at different locales) that caused almost all the damage, even though the (lesser) wind and rain lasted many times longer.  I can't recall another synoptic event that had such a short and intense peak. 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another ramp up coming after 6. Modeled too . Similar to the 15th event. Ahead of that squalline 

That’s further east.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Temp spiked to 50 in a hurry. 

1.09” so far. 

Good example of how you do well with an E component compared to just to your west where HIE is in downslope hell. 
3917955F-AFED-4E36-86EC-9FC27DC01B3C.gif

9 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

Power has been out for about an hour. I guess there's a big tree down on the main road in our neighborhood.

Could be awhile....thankfully, we gennie

You have a stand by or portable? Almost put a standby after the Halloween storm but cheaper out and did a portable system.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Good example of how you do well with an E component compared to just to your west where HIE is in downslope hell. 
3917955F-AFED-4E36-86EC-9FC27DC01B3C.gif

Crazy thing is there is some 4000ft terrain to his immediate NW that also looks to be affected.

You have a stand by or portable? Almost put a standby after the Halloween storm but cheaper out and did a portable system.
Just a little standby. I plug it into an outside plug and it does half the house. As long as the main breaker is shut off it's "safe". Trust me...I'm a master electrician!
  • Weenie 1