Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday, November 30, 2020 Heavy Rain, Strong Winds, and Severe Convection

weatherwiz

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Window to watch is between 3-7 PM I think from NJ into southeast NY perhaps into southwestern CT...probably the greatest chance for severe weather (widespread wind damage and a few tornadoes) is in this corridor. 

Gonna be watching because any storms that swing by those areas will likely get their start near my location 

• Like 1

Just now, Cyclone-68 said:

Any lightning chances with these Wiz?

yeah I think there will be some lightning in the more robust convection. There is a bit of lightning with that activity just offshore. Actually a decent amount of hail CAPE so if any updrafts can grow tall enough to punch into this layer we'll see lightning. Perhaps similar to the Cape COD TOR warning last week where there was a rapid increase in lightning just prior to strengthening rotation.

image.png.9a83be1947efc57151b4ac0b01b33842.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

yeah I think there will be some lightning in the more robust convection. There is a bit of lightning with that activity just offshore. Actually a decent amount of hail CAPE so if any updrafts can grow tall enough to punch into this layer we'll see lightning. Perhaps similar to the Cape COD TOR warning last week where there was a rapid increase in lightning just prior to strengthening rotation.

What are you thinking about the cluster of activity in SEPA? 

45 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

You never posted this?

day1probotlk_1630_torn.gif.971add598157a2f606b009346fcc6964.gif

• Like 1

Fairly impressive warm boundary suggestion by local obs... 

Willimantic CT bounced to 58 over the last hour ... breezy SSE at 22 mph according to Metrowest but probably the trees lean more than that ( you know? how obs never seem to really match it when electrical spatter falls from powerline junctions and timbre cracks echo from the woods heh )  ... 

Meanwhile, ORH at 1,000 K is still parked at 42 with very little NNE wind. Those locations are really nearby in wind coordinates so the frontal slope must be pretty steep -... an homage to that WCB attempting to hydro-mine through that denser air's elevated cliff-face lol.

Kevin reporting gusts now audible ... too - I think it aligns roughly Torrington CT to NW of PVD to interior SE Mass ... 

I can't wait to see this thing penetrate through ...I wonder if makes it rt Poop up here though...  Sometimes they do and all at once I turbine and a stepping outside reveals surreal heat out of nowhere - 

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Fairly impressive warm boundary suggestion by local obs... 

Willimantic CT bounced to 58 over the last hour ... breezy SSE at 22 mph according to Metrowest but probably the trees lean more than that ( you know? how obs never seem to really match it when electrical spatter falls from powerline junctions and timbre cracks echo from the woods heh )  ... 

Meanwhile, ORH at 1,000 K is still parked at 42 with very little NNE wind. Those locations are really nearby in wind coordinates so the frontal slope must be pretty steep -... an homage to that WCB attempting to hydro-mine through that denser air's elevated cliff-face lol.

Kevin reporting gusts now audible ... too - I think it aligns roughly Torrington CT to NW of PVD to interior SE Mass ... 

I can't wait to see this thing penetrate through ...I wonder if makes it rt Poop up here though...  Sometimes they do and all at once I turbine and a stepping outside reveals surreal heat out of nowhere - 

It jumped from 47 to 56.8 here as the SE winds roar in pulses