Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

You basically get a ridge bridge now at about D5-7. That is a good thing.....

The -NAO going forward is nice too...especially since the N PAC isn't that good once we're about D8+....the NAO can really help put a system or two underneath us on that scenario.

Yes negative NAO IMO is a really big deal I think. It’s not strong rn but it’s way way better to be in this pattern looking ahead than November/December 2006. That autumn was the WORST!

5 minutes ago, Mothman said:

Best run I've ever seen in my fairly new religious model watching obsession. I'm happy. I see people posting in here that for the past decade, usually only comment negative soundings. I think we can all agree this has legs. SMASH that weenie button 

i    told yall my  return   would  bring it  back..... 

D.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Finally looks like a got a chance of a decent storm here on the coast....since I moved in last December I've measured under a foot of snow total in Hampton. Quite the difference from my old spot but last year was last year....enough said on that sad winter already. Really hoping the mountains don't get screwed out of this. They desperately need the snow to open new terrain but these cold temps will help snowmaking efforts tremendously. 

Also @DTWXRISK I appreciate your insight and posts. The more insight from mets here the better, but seriously what's up with the space bar in your posts man? I am genuinely curious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Don't hate the look!

mthk_f144_bg_US.png

mthk_f156_bg_US.png

Once there ... sure!   

I mean I'm not trying to be a deb downer ...and I realize I'm hammering this point to no avail ( lol ...) but I just don't like the shallow N-S coordinate while raging 100 to 150 kt mid tropospheric jet and flat PNAP ... transporting open longitudinal waves off the Pacific like that whole lead up is. 

It may happen...okay. Fine... and I agree, as is?  That's a fine tasty look.  I tell you what *if* *if* *if* that pattern morphs successfully into that configuration ( for the folk reader - ) you wouldn't need a hugely powerful system to create a prolific snow result. The kinematic structure is quite superb in that set up ... that's a 'snow machine' look .. perfect 700 mb easterly anomaly running up over a steadily backing wind with depth... NNE over interior .. very cold column... wow -

I just don't like how we get there...   Hope it does though - this is some seriously boring weather otherwise, huh 

• Like 4