Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Mean is a bit too far se, but fine at this range.

i agree overall, though its better for me than you, id rather deal with the snow/no snow line and a scraper than the R/S line and getting 0 or 12 just to my north. im sick of those, but thats just me. I like to be on the northern edge, at least i know its cold 

Just now, Henry's Weather said:

I'd imagine the typical north correction happens less under -NAO regimes? Someone enlighten me

Yeah less likely to have this go full zonked out west....still possible, but less likely with the NAO the way it is and the 50/50 low.

This is still 6 days out though, so we're going to see some big changes run to run.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah less likely to have this go full zonked out west....still possible, but less likely with the NAO the way it is and the 50/50 low.

This is still 6 days out though, so we're going to see some big changes run to run.

I really doubt it cuts...maybe a hugger. I think the largest risks are OTS and later bloomer.

46 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Kuchera crackhead fix :ph34r:

0090000snku_acc.us_ne.png

It's probably more an indictment on this Kuchera's method but ...  given to the antecedent air mass/ in situ during ... and the storm synoptic evolution being sort of "ideal" ( ish )... that kind of snow layout/gradient is unrealistic...

I don't have a problem in modern climate of finding the PWAT necessary to neighborhood the coveted 30" award ...but having all of VT  ... zero ? 

I bet half those band numbers at most max ... or, there is quite a bit more of a NW realization than this depiction - again ...predicated on the assumption that antecedent air mass/ in situ during ... and the storm synoptic evolution are closer to reality.   

I think we'd find it hard in climate annuls to find that sort of snow result anologs - just a hunch :whistle:

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's probably more an indictment on this Kuchera's method but ...  given to the antecedent air mass/ in situ during ... and the storm synoptic evolution being sort of "ideal" ( ish )... that kind of snow layout/gradient is unrealistic...

I don't have a problem in modern climate of finding the PWAT necessary to neighborhood the coveted 30" award ...but having all of VT  ... zero ? 

I bet half those band number max ... or, there is quite a bit more of a NW realization than this depiction - again ...predicated on the assumption that antecedent air mass/ in situ during ... and the storm synoptic evolution are closer to reality.   

I think we'd find it hard in climate annuls to find that sort of snow result anologs - just a hunch :whistle:

January 1996 had a gradient pretty similar to that.

But I agree that there would be sick mid level banding over the Berkshires and s VT if that solution verified.

GGEM is more than a mere outlier - it's telling... 

This is a highly volatile week's worth of shrapnel coming off the Pacific with very low deterministic value - 

I think if folks truly got their heads around this ...and adhered to it ...the ebullience would rightfully be held in check -  ...  lol.... It's okay but...you do the dopamine thing and it is palpable, and you do what you gotta do to bring joy to your life, even if it is allowing these 'tools' in the tool chest trigger - 

I gotta tell you - I got a socket wrench that really does it for me.  hahaha

• Weenie 1