Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

5 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Ha, it was great content and you did a really good job delivering it, and at an audience-appropriate level.  I enjoyed it.  You handled the questions pretty well at the end, too, which isn't always easy.

I was worried with well over 100 people in the meeting. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

What's with Baker mandating that we wear masks outside regardless of proximity to others. What a balloon head

Yeah... I’m worried that we are again broad brushing stuff again already. You think at this point, any shutdowns/other measures would be more targeted.

Like the golf course fiasco in the spring. You just can’t lump in everything together, which is already what’s happening again.

I’ve been very diligent throughout this pandemic, but he can kiss my azz if he thinks I’m wearing a mask outdoors not in close proximity with others 

• Like 1

Regardless of how this presidential race turns out, this election looks like a move towards to the political center. With Democrats losing some ground in the House and gaining a bit in the Senate, it's clear the American people have rejected much of the extreme rhetoric of both the right and left. If Joe wins, you'll have a fairly moderate and traditional politician without the congressional support to do anything too polarizing. He will have to govern from the center to get anything done. Hopefully this can be something of a reset from the last two decades of hard swings back and forth between the more radical left and right elements of society. Perhaps the spirit of accommodation will once again creep into government, as the Founders intended. I won't hold my breath, but just maybe we can reset to a more 90s style of governance.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mreaves said:

on winter roads in Norway. What a beautiful country. Definitely bucket list material. 

we did a family vacation there two summers ago - roughly following this route - https://goo.gl/maps/d6Uke8GbgMbLaDe9A - over 5-6 days, visiting the national parks, et cetera. Crazy beautiful, wonderful hiking, vistas are dream like. We spent a few days in Oslo as well which is a beautiful city. want to go back and ski tour. Iceland is similar but Norway has far more amenities. Would recommend - would love to go further north. And for me, it's the kind of country I love visiting - they speak flawless english!

11 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

What's with Baker mandating that we wear masks outside regardless of proximity to others. What a balloon head

Same for Gov. Mills.  Fortunately the "public settings" definition for outdoor spaces lists places where people gather, though it also has the inevitable "not limited to" phrase.  Keeping one's mask in place while bushwhacking thru the Maine woods would require attaching the mask with duct tape.  :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Same for Gov. Mills.  Fortunately the "public settings" definition for outdoor spaces lists places where people gather, though it also has the inevitable "not limited to" phrase.  Keeping one's mask in place while bushwhacking thru the Maine woods would require attaching the mask with duct tape.  :lol: 

Playing golf today. Apparently after you reach the First Tee you don't have to wear your mask.

47 minutes ago, Angus said:

we did a family vacation there two summers ago - roughly following this route - https://goo.gl/maps/d6Uke8GbgMbLaDe9A - over 5-6 days, visiting the national parks, et cetera. Crazy beautiful, wonderful hiking, vistas are dream like. We spent a few days in Oslo as well which is a beautiful city. want to go back and ski tour. Iceland is similar but Norway has far more amenities. Would recommend - would love to go further north. And for me, it's the kind of country I love visiting - they speak flawless english!

Iceland was beautiful when we were there in 2017 but Norway even moreso, in part because it has trees.  On the "Golden Circle" tour in Iceland, one of the hosts said, "If you're lost in an Icelandic forest, stand up!"  Lots of 5-foot-tall birches.  Our Norway itinerary included the 3 cities where my wife's grandparents were born (Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim) plus the western fjords.  Outstanding!

• Like 3