Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Anyone but Trump.  Thankful our country barely seems to be pulling its head out of its ass if Biden can beat that guy.  Really shows why his approval polls were always so low.

I think everyone learned that the polls are always wrong. They should be tossed like the old FV3. Unusable 

• Haha 2

Just now, PhineasC said:

China is definitely pleased. Their currency was tanking on election night when it looked like a Trump win was in the books. 

Ya they wer probably like get the 2nd virus ready for release. We need to mess up the global economy again.

12 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

With recounts in possibly 3 states,  Merry Christmas before we know

Well I believe Biden Won.

However any real recount in this situation would involve more than counting 

Biden could have used Madaam Cleo to deliver his policy to the Dead And wrestle up the dead mail in vote . So a recount would have to check they are alive and legit signatures. Good luck 

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Will more people be killed by this than were killed in unfettered riots over the summer, in your opinion?

That's not really relevant to the point that a president calling the election fraudulent just because he's losing is unacceptably damaging to the democratic process and likely to rile up deranged people. Save it for someone who wants to defend rioting, which I have not. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

He's absolutely going to get people killed if he continues to tell his supporters that the election has been stolen, it's fraudulent, etc. I think many underestimate the number of people that have been primed for domestic terrorism by years and years of exclusively consuming right-wing/conspiracy driven media. 

edit: I think there's a big difference between normal Republicans and the white supremacist alt-right types. 

Big difference, you’re right, but unfortunately they are lumped together more and more.

Agree..it’s all that I was trying to say. The rhetoric is dangerous. Anyone who keeps thinking it’s just him NBD refuses to acept the gravity of his words the alt right consumes. 

• Like 2

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Well I believe Biden Won.

However any real recount in this situation would involve more than counting 

Biden could have used Madaam Cleo to deliver his policy to the Dead And wrestle up the dead mail in vote . So a recount would have to check they are alive and legit signatures. Good luck 

I saw a suggestion that a third party org like a large CPA firm should conduct a deep audit of the ballots with GOP and Dem observers every step of the way. Then present a clear and concise “percent fraudulent” number. Seems fair. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I saw a suggestion that a third party org like a large CPA firm should conduct a deep audit of the ballots with GOP and Dem observers every step of the way. Then present a clear and concise “percent fraudulent” number. Seems fair. 

I would agree with that , because what is the harm.

I don’t believe you suspend calling election for Biden thou , bc this is just reasonable suspicion to *look* for widespread fraud , nothin glaring that there has been a game changing degree other than speculation and rumors . I can’t take Trumps word on anything really given his obvious refusal to lose , but it’s definitely worth a full audit of at least one swing state given the size of the mail in vote . What’s the worry. 

Call it for Biden and if there was widespread issues then take a look and deal with it if that bridge is crossed 

17 minutes ago, natedizel said:

My point is support is growing for Republicans in a place it shouldnt and if it continues for the next decade its a problem for Dems. How does a white supremacist win Miami dade?

That’s much different. Miami dade is heavily cuban american and they are against communism (Castro) which Trump did a great job of labeling Dems as. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

That's not really relevant to the point that a president calling the election fraudulent just because he's losing is unacceptably damaging to the democratic process and likely to rile up deranged people. Save it for someone who wants to defend rioting, which I have not. :)

I guess everyone is going to forget the whole Al Gore situation.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

16 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

China is definitely pleased. Their currency was tanking on election night when it looked like a Trump win was in the books. 

The recent weakness in the dollar makes no intuitive sense to me. With a split senate, the odds of another multi-trillion dollar stimulus package getting through drop to almost nothing. Perhaps it's signaling that the Fed will instead take up the slack by printing trillions instead, but I still would've taken the recent developments as dollar bullish, especially given that Europe is probably going to stimulate hard with the ongoing lockdowns there.

@natedizel The argument is not that ONLY white nationalists support him and nobody else does lol so I really am not understanding your counter points. Many people of different walks of life voted for him and that is fine. It’s America...vote for a dump truck if you want to write it in. The point is, there is no denying the rise of white nationalism and their support for Trump, QAnon, Faix News, etc...and the only party that gives them their outlet is the republican party (for now). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I could see that too, and then his son runs.  I think the Trump family is here to stay in politics.

Blech, perish the thought. Ivanka has all the brains in that gene pool, but she's just as morally bankrupt as the rest.

Side note: I once accidentally dumped a lunch tray on her in high school.  Was mortified as the time, but now I wear it as a badge of honor.

• Haha 9

Just now, Hoth said:

Blech, perish the thought. Ivanka has all the brains in that gene pool, but she's just as morally bankrupt as the rest.

Side note: I once accidentally dumped a lunch tray on her in high school.  Was mortified as the time, but now I wear it as a badge of honor.

She looked a bit different then, no?

• Haha 1