Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

17 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

They are considering opening a huge brewery in Deerfield, the next town south of me. 
Still not anything official but they are definitely trying to buy a big building right off of I-91. 

They’re insane. The money they make is ridiculous. Plus they’ve got the million dollar farm in Woodstock, CT

5 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

They are considering opening a huge brewery in Deerfield, the next town south of me. 
Still not anything official but they are definitely trying to buy a big building right off of I-91. 

Exit 24 to the right going to Rt. 5  north ?

This seems a little overboard but it has to be because of all the recent huge parties. Hundreds of college kids rented a banquet facility and threw a huge Halloween party last weekend. There have also been huge underground parties in the cities as seen from the recent Bridgeport video.

I heard people were still sort of able to go out drinking like at a bar for the night at restaurants. You just hung at a table and ordered like some fries and drank beers. Places were still open late. 

In coordination with Governor Ned Lamont’s Executive order 9K, effective at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, November 6, 2020, DPH Acting Commissioner Deidre S. Gifford MD MPH is issuing an advisory for all Connecticut residents to stay home between the hours of 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. in order to reduce the risk of further viral transmission.  The advisory applies to every Connecticut resident, except 1) those who are essential workers who must leave home in order to go to their jobs; and 2) anyone who must leave their home on an emergency basis to seek medical care or to purchase medical supplies, food or groceries. 

4 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Taproom only.

My guess is, if they are also looking at a Deerfield brewery location, they want to lock up beer markets across the state without having to ever distribute.

We hit up Charlton maybe once every 2 mos or so but in general I'm more inclined to spread the wealth.  Take your pick these days really.  Quality is widespread.  Nothing against treehouse but the gap has substantially narrowed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

We hit up Charlton maybe once every 2 mos or so but in general I'm more inclined to spread the wealth.  Take your pick these days really.  Quality is widespread.  Nothing against treehouse but the gap has substantially narrowed.

I’ve hit 15-20 breweries at least..since this flu thing started in March. Couple buddies and I go as many weekends as we can . Mass and CT and RI. All about the Untappd check ins and trying new beers . Love it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

9 minutes ago, radarman said:

Honestly I think where Treehouse has the big advantage over most of the other local breweries now is in the stouts. Double shot is my fave but there are a ton of solid offerings.  I think their biggest competition in that dept isn't local but Founders KBS or CBS when they're around. 

I don’t drink any of their stouts 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That is nasty, pure evil, and should anger every logical person to their core. Dark, divisive, and delusional. No class and no respect for America. Shame on him and his enablers. 

He got up there and whined like a baby back bitch for 25 minutes. Absolutely embarrassing. Would have been nice to see some federal agents drag his ass away from the podium. 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

He got up there and whined like a baby back bitch for 25 minutes. Absolutely embarrassing. Would have been nice to see some federal agents drag his ass away from the podium. 

His character is funny until it isn’t. You lost...go out with a smidge of class at least. Don’t burn us down as you leave the back door. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

His character is funny until it isn’t. You lost...go out with a smidge of class at least. Don’t burn us down as you leave the back door. 

He doesn’t lose though.  He litigates everything to death that doesn’t go his way, from building permits to debt restructuring.  This will be a long legal battle.

The one thing I found odd was pivoting from endless voter fraud ramblings to in the same sentence praising all the down ballot wins for Republicans in the House and elsewhere.  All of these races are on one physical ballot.  If one part is fraud, how is the other part acceptable?  One would think he’d be going after all the other races as being just as fraudulent.

In this giant conspiracy where the Dems were going to steal elections, they also planned it so they would do so much worse than expected in all other races?  Like let’s steal the Presidential election but to throw them off our trail, let’s lose all the other ones?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

And by enablers I do not mean those who voted for him. That’s fair game and people have that right. It’s the yes men and women around him who follow him into the dark rhetoric hole. Nobody has the balls to slap him around to tell him this is NOT how you act as you leave. 

Arizona may very well go to Trump. Game isn’t over yet IMO. 

• Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The dems pretty much did that already with the russian probe for 3 years.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1