Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I’ve had something the past week. My eyes have been itchy, irritated, and watery...eye lids and under my eyes dried, peeling, and a little caked up in the morning. A lot of nasal drip and some phlegm too.

Maybe I’m immune now...who knows?

I would leave that off your Tinder profile.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

A lot of folks in my extended family have been sick but I haven’t really seen any of them so not sure how I would have contracted.

i has a rapid strep test and it was negative. Prescribed prednisone for the uvula swelling as well as 10 days of antibiotics.

Kevin has a swollen vulva, does prednisone help?

• Weenie 2

30 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

128k new cases. 1200 new deaths.  I thought it would disappear after the election 

Went for my pre op tests today. Hospital was a ghost zone with no visitors, covid test self administered. Very strict protocol which I was happy to see. Temp test machine is cool. Don't know what good it does but still cool. The nurses were telling me how they are truly exhausted, not by work demand but by the constant stress and fear at the hospital. Crazy

• Like 1

CNN several weeks ago showed a fear mongering model that said 200,000 more deaths by December 31st with 3,000 deaths a day by then.  Then a couple weeks ago they downgraded that and pushed the timing further out to January 31st . Now this past week they said by " Late February " . Good ol' MSM bullsh*t as per usual.  Most Americans are seeing through this garbage imo. 
Not sure it's all garbage. Case number is rapidly rising, near exponential. If we start approaching 2000 deaths/day, it's off to the races I think.

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
38 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:
CNN several weeks ago showed a fear mongering model that said 200,000 more deaths by December 31st with 3,000 deaths a day by then.  Then a couple weeks ago they downgraded that and pushed the timing further out to January 31st . Now this past week they said by " Late February " . Good ol' MSM bullsh*t as per usual.  Most Americans are seeing through this garbage imo. 

Not sure it's all garbage. Case number is rapidly rising, near exponential. If we start approaching 2000 deaths/day, it's off to the races I think.

We've never seen a weather model waver either.

I mean these disease models get new inputs all the time (cases, state-wide COVID precautions, mortality rates, etc). So it's not surprising that numbers and the prediction horizons change. I assume they are referencing the IMHE model, which is updating every 2-4 weeks, which is why the horizon keeps moving about a month each time.

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

128k new cases. 1200 new deaths.  

132k/ 1248 final

Todays numbers were telegraphed like a recurving .. wave breaking Typhoon 10 days ago 

Now looking at the curve and trends we are gonna see a  145-150 k one day end of next week And a 1500 death day same time . Deaths lag and are on up swing 2k is pretty much baked in 2-3 weeks from now .

I was out in Nashua this evening and filled my belly with as much Fresh Sushi as those chefs could make , great nite . Life goes on . Besides masks, other change is Only seeing my Grandma on face time . Thankfully at 96 she is in her house . I really hope there is a better plan then the elderly death camps this winter .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

132k/ 1248 final

Todays numbers were telegraphed like a recurving .. wave breaking Typhoon 10 days ago 

Now looking at the curve and trends we are gonna see a  145-150 k one day end of next week And a 1500 death day same time . Deaths lag and are on up swing 2k is pretty much baked in 2-3 weeks from now .

I was out in Nashua this evening and filled my belly with as much Fresh Sushi as those chefs could make , great nite . Life goes on . Besides masks, other change is Only seeing my Grandma on face time . Thankfully at 96 she is in her house . I really hope there is a better plan then the elderly death camps this winter .

Colder temps with more COVID?

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No doubt cases and hospitalizations will increase over the winter.  Most knew that would be the case months ago and we've know for months who is most vulnerable.  But this constant plastering of death and dispair and dashboards 24/7 is putting upon real people undo massive fear and unrealistic scenarios. We know the there's only a very small percentage that are at a elevated risk with just a few exceptions and that's the over 65 with multiple underlying conditions.  We've had months to get resources in place for these LTC and retirement communities . I'm confident this has been done adequately probably in 99% of these places.  Imo we have to continue to "open up the doors " of this country because this virus isn't going anywhere just like dozens of other viruses.  We must learn to adapt and we can imo. If we continue to live in fear these heavy restrictions and mandates will cause more death , dispair then the virus ever will imo. Including opening schools nationwide.  I personally believe that we are all essential.  Sorry for the long post lol.

Btw ... my county case percentage is under 15 per 100,000. Where is there 1/10, 1/15 ? Or are u thinking that's coming later this winter.

But people also need to be responsible. The arrogance and stupidity of the general public doesn't help when they scoff at the virus, don't wear masks, and aren't responsible with their circle and the people they let into their circle. We need to do our part as well.

We had our plans changed yesterday when friends of ours came in contact with a few people on Halloween who were exposed. The brother in law and his mom got the virus and got sick. The son is a healthy rugby player is is pretty sick right now. The mom apparently does not take the virus seriously and decided to cough on everyone before she got tested. We need to do our part as a society.

• Like 2