• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Power out again this morning for 15min. 4hrs on Sat. Over the last 2-3yrs, it randomly goes out for 2-3 sec at least once a month. Sat's 4hr outage was legit, but the other ones are annoying and hard on the equipment. CMP is the worst rated utility company in the country. While we've never had a billing issue with them, their reliability is becoming evident.

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Power out again this morning for 15min. 4hrs on Sat. Over the last 2-3yrs, it randomly goes out for 2-3 sec at least once a month. Sat's 4hr outage was legit, but the other ones are annoying and hard on the equipment. CMP is the worst rated utility company in the country. While we've never had a billing issue with them, their reliability is becoming evident.

Nice!!

Any mountains from prehistoric times, in what is now called the Canadian Shield, have flattened thanks to erosion and the last ice age in Ontario. Unlike parts of New England all we have are rolling hills everywhere with the occasional high peak like the ones I'm standing on below. 

Took this shot on Saturday and the one below about 2.5 weeks ago.  hamilton.thumb.jpg.af486902ca633f82d1dca21e08a27a1a.jpg

kelso.thumb.jpg.93cc572c0523c67a6d6e3b3432154d87.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Same exact thing happens here, so bizarre 

9 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I tried calling CMP this morning, but hung up after waiting 5min. Unless you talk to a tech guy I doubt cust svc would know.

Yeah I never bother to call as only time did an outage last more than a few seconds (3 hours).  Its not just y house either, the whole street/neighborhood goes down.

44 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I tried calling CMP this morning, but hung up after waiting 5min. Unless you talk to a tech guy I doubt cust svc would know.

33 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Yeah I never bother to call as only time did an outage last more than a few seconds (3 hours).  Its not just y house either, the whole street/neighborhood goes down.

I have these random 3-4 sec outages happening as well.

5 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Maybe "suspect" would be a better word.  Or why we opened the wallet for an on-demand gennie last April, after several significant (up to 31 hr) and minor outages beginning last Oct.  Ran for 10 hours last Wednesday - I can recall winder days in the "oughts" that did not affect power, or at most a blink or two.

Poor goes out here for 2-5 seconds probably once a week.  We bought a new washing machine 18 months  ago and it has gone haywire.  The service guy came out and said the brief outages are horrible for the motherboard.  He told us to unplug the washing machine when not in use.  The new Mother board was $380.  Ridiculous.  The old simpler appliances and machines lasted years not anymore.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Poor goes out here for 2-5 seconds probably once a week.  We bought a new washing machine 18 months  ago and it has gone haywire.  The service guy came out and said the brief outages are horrible for the motherboard.  He told us to unplug the washing machine when not in use.  The new Mother board was $380.  Ridiculous.  The old simpler appliances and machines lasted years not anymore.

I just posted my concern on CMPs FB page. Apparently it's more widespread than I thought. What would be the typical reason? Overloads? I could see this in the Summer when people are running ACs and other high juice things, but this goes on all year long. I bought a UPS for the computer but I think that died as it didn't power the computer for the 15min outtage this morning.

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

I just posted my concern on CMPs FB page. Apparently it's more widespread than I thought. What would be the typical reason? Overloads? I could see this in the Summer when people are running ACs and other high juice things, but this goes on all year long. I bought a UPS for the computer but I think that died as it didn't power the computer for the 15min outtage this morning.

Be careful what you wish for.  The gubmint could come in and mandate they make improvements and then up up up goes your bill.  

It looks like most of the hospitalizations in CT are now in the Eastern part of the state. Seems like it's starting to hit areas hard that had very few cases in the spring.

Connecticut's COVID-19 hospitalizations have reached the highest point they've been since June 23, according to Governor Ned Lamont.

Since Friday, there has been a net increase of 19 hospitalizations, bringing the state total to 129.

Lamont said New London County accounts for half of the state's current hospitalizations and only about 10% of Connecticut's population.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/coronavirus/watch-live-at-4pm-gov-lamont-to-provide-update-on-states-coronavirus-response-3/2341902/