Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob

Fall Banter and General Discussion

21 hours ago, 512high said:

woodchuck/ground hog....also chipmunks is a possibility 

20 hours ago, dryslot said:

Could be grey squirrels too burying the acorns, They seem to like my mulch bed for my blueberry plants.

turns out it was the neighbors chickens. guess I need to lock and load the BB gun.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SJonesWX said:

turns out it was the neighbors chickens. guess I need to lock and load the BB gun.

Brian just smashed his lap top.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Brian just smashed his lap top.

at least I’m going small caliber. not sure shooting the 9mm S&W would be a good idea in the hood, although it would quickly solve the problem.

Just now, SJonesWX said:

at least I’m going small caliber. not sure shooting the 9mm S&W would be a good idea in the hood, although it would quickly solve the problem.

My crossbow would even be a quieter option, Stealth actually ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

They're probably just trying to dust bathe? Mine love going for the mulch. Hopefully you'll just talk to your neighbors about it first? lol

Last day today!   I’ve turned everything in but my ID which gets handed to the police desk on the way out the door.  Freedom begins at 6:30 PM!

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Congratulations Old Man Winter!

Winter4 ever

Thanks Dave!    If I could have tolerated another 2 months it would be truly winter but no dice...lol.

22 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
51 minutes ago, weathafella said:
Last day today!   I’ve turned everything in but my ID which gets handed to the police desk on the way out the door.  Freedom begins at 6:30 PM!

Congratulations. Must feel great

Thank you!   It feels great and weird at the same time.   But most of us haven’t had free time since we’re kids so that should allow all kinds of ideas but catching up on 50 years of lost sleep is a big priority!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

They're probably just trying to dust bathe? Mine love going for the mulch. Hopefully you'll just talk to your neighbors about it first? lol

yeah that would be the best course of action, especially considering the fact that he is a state trooper lol

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Congrats again Jerry!!!

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Thank you!   It feels great and weird at the same time.   But most of us haven’t had free time since we’re kids so that should allow all kinds of ideas but catching up on 50 years of lost sleep is a big priority!

Congrats Jer!! You will love it

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

Congrats Jerry, Time to enjoy life while still healthy, A shot for you this evening, Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

If this was a cop or spy movie, you would have to avert a huge attack and end up working through the night.  You would thwart it tomorrow but realize that you still had unfinished business in your career.

Yes I am binge watching Mi-5 at the moment, why would you ask that?

1 minute ago, klw said:

If this was a cop or spy movie, you would have to avert a huge attack and end up working through the night.  You would thwart it tomorrow but realize that you still had unfinished business in your career.

Yes I am binge watching Mi-5 at the moment, why would you ask that?

Or the penultimate scene is him bursting into the chief’s office, throwing down his badge, and saying “Next time, call somebody else... me, I have some unfinished business with a special someone.” The chief can only shake his head and mutter, “But you always were the best, Jer...”

Final image is a freeze frame of Jerry piloting a boat near Miami towards the sunset with a blonde in a bikini at his side.

Soundtrack by Danny Elfman. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Or the penultimate scene is him bursting into the chief’s office, throwing down his badge, and saying “Next time, call somebody else... me, I have some unfinished business with a special someone.” The chief can only shake his head and mutter, “But you always were the best, Jer...”

Final image is a freeze frame of Jerry piloting a boat near Miami towards the sunset with a blonde in a bikini at his side. measuring an upslope snowfall in Stowe with a yardstick while a blonde waits for him in a hot tub nearby.

FYP

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Final image is a freeze frame of Jerry piloting a boat near Miami towards the sunset with a blonde in a bikini at his side.

The light of the sunset really brings out the color of his salmon t-shirt and white suit jacket (sleeves rolled up of course).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

Moose just hanging on the beach in South Portland.  Been strutting around town the past 2 days.

5258.jpeg

Must be the same one i saw on FB roaming around in some peoples yards down there, He's a young bull.