Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I have not.  I’m not a huge brewery hopper.  The beers I drink, I get at a local craft beer store in Lakeville.  I haven’t see Troy City there which is surprising, given they’re right down the street. 

Well you’re well over 1200 unique beers. That’s a lot of business. I’ve seen you check in Trillium, saw you in line at TH.. so you def hit some 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well you’re well over 1200 unique beers. That’s a lot of business. I’ve seen you check in Trillium, saw you in line at TH.. so you def hit some 

Couple times a year, I’ll hit up a brewery for a case.  My opinion of Trillium and TH has morphed over time as I’ve had more and more.  While good, they’re not the pinnacles.  So many smaller breweries pumping out just as good, if not better beers.

• Like 2

It's crazy how expensive building supplies are now. 2x4's have skyrocketed in price and are like over $6 each now at the local lowes. That's for just regular non pressure treated ones 

Home Depots and Lowes around here are cleared out. Had to drive all over to find exterior decking screws yesterday. 

According to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, lumber prices increased by 14.9 percent from July to August. Lumber prices have risen almost 50 percent since April 2020, marking the largest four-month gain in the history of lumber price data.

18 minutes ago, BrianW said:

It's crazy how expensive building supplies are now. 2x4's have skyrocketed in price and are like over $6 each now at the local lowes. That's for just regular non pressure treated ones 

Home Depots and Lowes around here are cleared out. Had to drive all over to find exterior decking screws yesterday. 

According to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, lumber prices increased by 14.9 percent from July to August. Lumber prices have risen almost 50 percent since April 2020, marking the largest four-month gain in the history of lumber price data.

Unfortunately, not much if any of that has trickled back to forest landowners and loggers.  Markets are tight and prices modest and not moving much.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It was kinda strange how empty it was last night. Weather was good. Kind of cool but it is October.  
My son said Wachusett Mtn was empty last night as well. He is working there a bit

I'm hearing from many people business is plummeting ever since the cases have started ticking back up. A few friends that work at restaurants said they are cutting  staff as there has been a huge drop in the amount of people coming in. I think its going to be an ugly winter.

4 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I'm hearing from many people business is plummeting ever since the cases have started ticking back up. I think its going to be an ugly winter. 

Well we are going out to eat tonight outdoors with blankets and all. Feel bad for the businesses. Many are trying to do the outdoor heater thing, but that will only last so long.

As much as they can, people should be preparing to hunker down until the spring. The fall and winter are going to be very ugly on a number of fronts. If I lived in a basement apartment in any major city or owned a business that requires physical interaction with customers in that city, I'd be nervous right now. The death blow is probably coming between COVID and unrest. Call me crazy, but there is a reason I bought a house deep in the mountains...