Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hopefully euro is right on the potential MCS coming through late tonight/early tomorrow morning. 

I was jealous of the one that my Mother saw in SE PA yesterday....I did get to experience the Mid Atlantic Derecho in July, (2012?), lived in Central Delaware at the time. I have never experienced sustained winds like that before, the lighting was non stop strobe lights for at least 30 minutes, unreal experience....

It’s good. So Elyse fell out of bed somehow and gashed her eyelid. Like around 10 last night. Maybe hit the bedside table. We went to children’s hospital. Luckily it appears she won’t need stitches, but she’s cut good. Looks like that scene on the terminator when Arnold has his eye all cut up lol. We got back at 5a. Because, 2020. Why not. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s good. So Elyse fell out of bed somehow and gashed her eyelid. Like around 10 last night. Maybe hit the bedside table. We went to children’s hospital. Luckily it appears she won’t need stitches, but she’s cut good. Looks like that scene on the terminator when Arnold has his eye all cut up lol. We got back at 5a. Because, 2020. Why not. 

It's incredible how much little cuts around the head can bleed.  Couple years ago in SNJ we were minding the 6 kids while mom and dad had a day/date to unwind.  (We try to do this whenever we're all together, SNJ or Maine.)  My wife had warned the older girls several times about leaving a dresser drawer open and, sure enough, 6-yo Benjamin stood up under a corner and came bawling out to the kitchen (girls were yelling too) with head all bloody with lots dripping on the floor.  I carried him outside and poured water onto his once-blond-now-red hair to see what the wound looked like.  (Water was chilly, not appreciated by the victim.)  While the blood looked like he'd been half scalped, the cut was perhaps 3/16" and had stopped bleeding a minute or two after his dowsing.