Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

30 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Remember the 7/15/95 derecho?

I don’t have recollections of that one.  

Given the summer date, I was likely in Woodstock, CT for that... back then I don’t even think we had TV there, lol.  Cable company didn’t lay wire until a few years later. 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I do! 

Woke up 6:00 AM and wasn't feeling well so went out to the living room to turn on The Weather Channel. After sitting there for like a half hour and no weather I asked my mom what's going on...turned out the TV lineup changed that day. We finally found the station...turned it on....BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM major squall line ripping through NY and heading into MA.

dude you were 6 y/o

• Haha 3

Oddly enough today was the 6th straight day with measurable precip... though the total is only 2/3rds of an inch or so, with an average of just 0.1"/day, ha.

Most of that time the rain that's fallen has been in very short weak showers that barely wet the soil.  It adds up in the stratus over 24 hours but not sure what it does to the garden to rain at 0.03" at a time, then dry, then another shower of 0.02", etc.  Not sure 0.1"/day of that style shower pattern does all that much.