Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2020

George BM

47 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Wide range in closest weather stations IMBY between 0.5-0.9.  

This weather is depressing when compounded w/ the virus impacts of staying at home (and working from home aka Zoom/calls 13 hours a day).  Sun/warmth please?  #rantover 

I only have .39"  I need to look at my rain gauge and make sure it isn't blocked up with debris.  Seems low.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, H2O said:

It was clogged but no water in the gauge so it did drain.  Could be something on the see saw part.  Its an old VP2.  Hand me down from Aviation Dave.

Actually had the same issue the other day.  Had a dense spiderweb under the cup holding it down....One of those webs that almost look like spun wool. 

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I never heard or saw it rain hard and thought this was a bust, but .88" in the gauge as of 7AM.

Was a pretty light rain here last evening into the night, maybe a third of an inch when I went to bed. Really got going here in the early morning hours. Probably picked up 1.5"+ after 3 am.

Total was 2.27". Hope my yard is not the 'winner' for the weekend event.

20 hours ago, mappy said:

my stations solar panel wont hold a charge anymore, was just gonna send it off and then corona happened. so just living with 12hr data at this point lol 

The solar unit on my Davis outdoor unit is probably approaching it's last leg too.  At the point I'm having to replace the backup battery with increasing frequency as it takes on more of the load.  Dunno why Davis doesn't put glass over the solar array.  Any plastic cover like they use will craze over with time as the plasticizers in the plastic cover outgas and becomes brittle.  A glass cover would last nearly indefinitely and would not add that much to the overall cost.  

15 minutes ago, RDM said:

The solar unit on my Davis outdoor unit is probably approaching it's last leg too.  At the point I'm having to replace the backup battery with increasing frequency as it takes on more of the load.  Dunno why Davis doesn't put glass over the solar array.  Any plastic cover like they use will craze over with time as the plasticizers in the plastic cover outgas and becomes brittle.  A glass cover would last nearly indefinitely and would not add that much to the overall cost.  

Yeah yours is going up, I went through the same issue for a long while. Had to replace batteries every 6months, then every 3 months, then monthly and now I would have to change them daily to keep it on overnight. Cost isn’t bad, I just gotta send it. But then corona happened...

:raining:

.LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/...
Tuesday should be mostly dry under high pressure. An amplifying/deepening
trof over the mid section of the country Tue evening is expected to
evolve into a deep closed 500 mb low over the mid-MS Valley Wed and
track slowly across the eastern states through the second half of
next week. Associated sfc low is expected to develop over the Upper
Midwest Tue and track across the lower Great Lks through the
middle of the week. Very large spread is seen among the global
models with respect to speed/timing of the sfc and upper system
moving across the East with Euro the slowest and showing the
entire system taking nearly 24 hrs more to move across than the
rest of the guidance. Euro`s solution is very concerning for
flooding potential given its very slow movement, strong upper
level divergence, and deep moisture plume over the region over
increasingly soggy soils. Latest 00Z EPS 90th percentile show
upwards of 5+ inches of rain over the next 7 days indicating a
heightened risk of flooding with potential for 2.5-3.5 inches
with second system Wed night-Thu. We should eventually dry out
by next weekend, but may still be dealing with some flooding.

3 hours ago, RDM said:

Yes it would, but that would then defeat their purpose of you needing parts OR a new unit every 3-6 years......

• Like 1

Looking much better(if you don't want heavy rain)

Mount Holly AFD-

Rain Amounts/flooding threat: The threat for heavy rain and flooding has decreased from yesterday`s guidance (this trend started with the 00Z model run and continued this morning). Precipitable water values are near normal, and with the low level southerly jet off shore or south of our area for almost all of the event, there looks to be limited opportunity for moisture transport during the event. At this point, we are forecasting rain amounts between 0.75 and 1.25 inches, which shouldn`t be enough to cause widespread flooding issues. As mentioned by the previous shift though, higher amounts and higher rain rates will be possible with any convection on Sunday, though the prime area for this convection at this point coincides with areas with sandy soils (and thus less prone to flash flooding). We will continue to monitor this, but the threat for flooding looks to be limited at this point.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looking much better(if you don't want heavy rain)

Mount Holly AFD-

Rain Amounts/flooding threat: The threat for heavy rain and flooding has decreased from yesterday`s guidance (this trend started with the 00Z model run and continued this morning). Precipitable water values are near normal, and with the low level southerly jet off shore or south of our area for almost all of the event, there looks to be limited opportunity for moisture transport during the event. At this point, we are forecasting rain amounts between 0.75 and 1.25 inches, which shouldn`t be enough to cause widespread flooding issues. As mentioned by the previous shift though, higher amounts and higher rain rates will be possible with any convection on Sunday, though the prime area for this convection at this point coincides with areas with sandy soils (and thus less prone to flash flooding). We will continue to monitor this, but the threat for flooding looks to be limited at this point.

Now that they have said that we will actually get the heavy rain. :lol:

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic