Total Members
    Most Online
    Waltzman
    Newest Member
    Waltzman

Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

If  so, I never saw it. Thought we were going full winter 

Nope I said whatever happens this weekend, it looks like we will moderate, before the pattern reshuffles.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Dude, beginning 2nd week of February is when we really liked it....After the 5-6th timeframe. Could sneak an event in before that (Feb 1-2 right now)....no guarantee we get that mild either....some of the guidance is a little flatter for the 2/3-5 timeframe.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We're getting dangerously close to your beginning of spring call in late Feb.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Dude, beginning 2nd week of February is when we really liked it....After the 5-6th timeframe. Could sneak an event in before that (Feb 1-2 right now)....no guarantee we get that mild either....some of the guidance is a little flatter for the 2/3-5 timeframe.

Another snowstorm this weekend then that we can’t enjoy knowing another total melt is right on it’s heels. Awesome 

7 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Every model has a big storm near the 7th

Sadly back to hoping for a day 10 threat to work out, we can't seem to get anything from day 4-7 work in our favor....Hoping this weekend can break the streak.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another snowstorm this weekend then that we can’t enjoy knowing another total melt is right on it’s heels. Awesome 

Not a pack winter....just enjoy tracking the storm itself. With some luck, we get a lot from the storm and the mild up is like a couple days of 40s with relatively low dews and a dry fropa.

• Sad 1

I would think something has to give entering the second week of January with forecast models indicating such an intense ULJ...looks like you get a situation where the STJ and PJ phase and there's a pretty significant storm with that and then a major pattern change behind it? Didn't we actually experience something similar last winter (and around the same time?)...there was the record ulvl winds measured across several Northeast balloon launch locations

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Sadly back to hoping for a day 10 threat to work out, we can't seem to get anything from day 4-7 work in our favor....Hoping this weekend can break the streak.

time to start looking to next winter

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not a pack winter....just enjoy tracking the storm itself. With some luck, we get a lot from the storm and the mild up is like a couple days of 40s with relatively low dews and a dry fropa.

The terrible posts the last few days from the notorious whiners and pessimists have made even that rather unenjoyable

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think the "bee" word that most were looking for had a couple zz's in it..........:)

No, booze only has one Z in it silly.

• Haha 1

What's concerning though entering February is there just doesn't seem to be much in the way of cold air into Canada...PAC air continues to be flooded into Canada. 

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like it could get really mild next week in the op before the reshuffle happens. Expected though. 

there's only so many times the deck can be reshuffled before you realize it may be stacked against you. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

What's concerning though entering February is there just doesn't seem to be much in the way of cold air into Canada...PAC air continues to be flooded into Canada. 

Don't worry. The cold will be there for April and May.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Eps is way better vs 6z for the threat.

Alot more members moved west 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, correnjim1 said:

time to start looking to next winter

The year after a solar minimum.  Epic blocking fest reminiscent of 2009-2010, with storms tracking 75 miles further north due to the HC expansion.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Don't worry. The cold will be there for April and May.

-Nao and raw ENE winds with sheet drizzle.

I personally like where we are sitting...a few mild days to start the month, a passing coastal scraper/offshore weekend mess, then milding up for the next cutter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

-Nao and raw ENE winds with sheet drizzle.

Those are the days I am happy to be 100 miles inland in a valley and 20° warmer than Boston.

• Like 1