• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mcninja
    Newest Member
    Mcninja

Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Just now, mreaves said:

You should bring them up and have JSpin give them a snow measuring seminar.  Complete with coring for LE section

KALB came in wit 22.6".  Beat the Xmas 2002 storm by an inch there. Biggest since the March 1993 Superstorm.

Here I have had many 20"+ events such as 46" in 2/10, 24" on  3/14/17, 25" on 3/2/18, etc.  But the airport is big snow challenged.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Looking at mesos that stuff in worcester should not make it down here though

Mesos had me with 0 snow when I went to bed..... like we said nowcast the crap out of this beast

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

well we did slot for a long time, its just that bad that the NAM/EC and other models had really paid off and wasn't just some transient 1-3 type deal.

I dont think any of them had the foot that many in the county received... And BOX blew it by not issuing a WSW for the area as well..  Positive busts, while somewhat rare, are definitely preferable to negative ones.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

They probably had about 25"....I had a 22" settled depth after the Jann 2005 powder bomb...my total was 25"

Yeah that sounds about right, I just hate guessing snowfall from depth but seems like you could add a couple inches to the depth given the long duration.  

I’m not a huge fan of showing a photo of 22” and then reporting it as 25”...just two different methods.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah that sounds about right, I just hate guessing snowfall from depth but seems like you could add a couple inches to the depth given the long duration.  

I’m not a huge fan of showing a photo of 22” and then reporting it as 25”...just two different methods.

I can tell you’re happy for them lol. They’ve been porked until last few years. Good for them.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Eric Radar man measured 24 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I can tell you’re happy for them lol. They’ve been porked until last few years. Good for them.

It’s always fun when the old stomping grounds gets crushed.  Can picture sitting with the laptop all night in high school watching it dump.  My final year there was the great 02-03 winter when we got like 50” from Xmas to Jan 4th.  

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Eric Radar man measured 24 

I was talking about my folks place who measured 22” on the ground.  I didn’t want to just say they got 25”.

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

KALB came in wit 22.6".  Beat the Xmas 2002 storm by an inch there. Biggest since the March 1993 Superstorm.

Here I have had many 20"+ events such as 46" in 2/10, 24" on  3/14/17, 25" on 3/2/18, etc.  But the airport is big snow challenged.

I was just kidding him about his parents not clearing for their measurement.  JSpin is probably the most meticulous snow measurer there is.

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Any ideas for updated numbers at Logan? Last PNS report was after midnight 

I would estimate 5" here. So it can't be far from Logan. 

Actually you probably mean Logan the poster.

26 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

25” total out here.  Jeebus

I haven't seen this much snow out here from one storm since I moved here in 2012. So sick and nasty awesome!!!! 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

I would estimate 5" here. So it can't be far from Logan. 

Actually you probably mean Logan the poster.

No I was referring to the airport. 

Thanks! 

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just pounding S+ in Nashua now 

big fatties pouring down 

498FD539-C49F-4952-8B4C-C8A4B00C3C2D.png

Ahhhh, the good ole' 16 bit graphics thrown down.

• Thanks 1