• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Was driving home when the squall hit earlier - on the Mt. Hope Bridge, half the bridge was perfectly clear, but you could see “fog” and then hit a wall of snow on the Bristol side.  Whiteout.  Picked up a quick 1/3” here.  Probably didn’t last more than 30-45 minutes total.  Definitely looking, feeling, and sounding like winter out there right now.  Definitely been a nice December, even out here in RI snow hole country.  We’ve piecemeal-ed ourselves to 9” of snow on the season so far, through front ends, back ends, squalls, and one meh storm.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Fraud where they should be...back east.

Pretty much whiffed our entire state save far SE. SW CT did well and some pockets further N. But that is how these things go when the parameters aren't all lined up. You get one area that does decent and another totally whiffs. The higher end events hit most areas and the jackpots are like 2-4" lollis. 

Not a bad event...but just not on the higher end side. We were missing the good low level moisture pool and could've maybe used a touch more lift. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You can always tell when people miss out. Winds are roaring, icicles banging off the house and falling all over the side streets. Deep winter wolf night with about an inch of new snow. 

Steve, I promise you that I would have felt the same way had I picked up your 1"....trust me..