Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We had an icing event before the late Dec 2017 cold and the ice never melted off of anything. We lost it all slowly over a week or two strictly from sublimation.

The wind last night sent shards from the tree tops flying like missiles. Low level stuff is still there. Bizarre night, would not want to be walking

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie has it too but it's a bit further north. Something to watch anyway. The non-GFS guidance is actually trying to make Xmas eve somewhat chilly with a front diving in from the NNW.

Wouldn't be too shocking with the ridge axis so far west. Some of these shortwaves skirting north of us will send some kind of cold boundary through. A lot of the H85 temp anomaly maps Dr Dewsh has been posting show near normal mid level temps for ENE. That can verify cool and messy for some with quick shots of shallow cold and overrunning events.

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not an Alberta though, Lake Michigan? Actually has Miller B qualities, LP runs into block, shears out east and reorganizes.

Do they all need to come out of Alberta? The piece thats responsible is sliding east at the US/CAN border not traversing thru the upper ohio valley and redeveloping off the delmarva, Call it what you want its in clown range anyways.

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie has it too but it's a bit further north. Something to watch anyway. The non-GFS guidance is actually trying to make Xmas eve somewhat chilly with a front diving in from the NNW.

You know what that strikes me as ...?   heh, seein' as everyone's askin' me -

But, we've got the benefit of latitudes at all times, and sometimes, ...can rely upon that as sort of 'built-in' correction vector during uglier times - which I don't think any objective observer would deny, if one is a winter enthusiast, the mid and extended range is otherwise a sore to the eyes...

Anyway, rhymes aside... :)

I'm just sayin', sneaking fronts and scooter highs and so forth...Those don't really 'fit' a teleconnector mode, per se. And can happen just as benefits for our being as far N as we are. This is really true for the NP-Lakes-N. OV and N. Mid Atlantic in addition to our area, but it seems out of all these mentioned, we have more chances to 'sneak' and save once in a while.