Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Nobody wants a warm Christmas, We just want temps in the single digits and teen and more snow.

How about -6C and a surprise 15cm snow on the ground? We have single digits coming and the meltdown of the paltry couple cm we got is certain. Can't have warm with snow.

(The above is a quote from our grandkids--who just may have escaped the insanity of the old measurement system) Lol

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

10 years ago. Epic wind and drifts to boot. Last pic is from my wife while she was visiting my son in Virginia 

Screenshot_20191220-094423_Facebook.jpg

IMG_20191220_094649.jpg

FB_IMG_1576853130750.jpg

FB_IMG_1576853122689.jpg

Great pictures...that was the Virga storm here In the west.  We lost hours and hours of precip to Virga.  It sucked here.  I remember watching the news and seeing pictures of Groton getting annihilated, and we were at just barely moderate snow/sand.  What a flop here.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Great pictures...that was the Virga storm here In the west.  We lost hours and hours of precip to Virga.  It sucked here.  I remember watching the news and seeing pictures of Groton getting annihilated, and we were at just barely moderate snow/sand.  What a flop here.

In SW CT we had a few hours of Virga as well. The Norwalk Wilton corridor somehow managed 12. If you look at the radar archive an odd band which looked like a mini trough was over this area. Felt Lucky.

28 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I have a heat pump water heater that is 380% efficient. It absolutely destroys an 85% oil furnace and is powered by my solar panels.

Brookline MA recently banned fossil fuels on new construction. Heat pumps are where we are headed as they can be run 100 percent on renewable energy. The rest of the world has been using them for decades, especially Japan where mininsplits were invented.

How much did you pay for everything. 

Just now, dryslot said:

A Grinch christmas, Just isn't right, We don't live in FL.

I violently argue this at work. People say “Hopefully it will be warm and sunny on Christmas” and I slam my keyboard in disgust, “NO”. How awful would it be to listen and watch Christmas material that showcases snowy times while my uncle is on my deck smoking a cig in hawaiin shorts. My kids watching Mickey Mouse loose Pluto in feet of snow while my Aunt is sunbathing. When my 4yr old asks me how Santa arrived this morning when there’s no snow outside...and I say what? Everything in the background about the special day paints a cold and snowy picture...Mickey Mouse doesn’t see palm trees, neither should we. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

My fears with an older boiler here too, Already had to replace the Honeywell triple aquastat for the second time in 18 mos 4 weeks ago,( had no heat) at $600 a pop, Going to be going to a new boiler next summer.

I had a boiler in my old house. So expensive during the winter.

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

09-10 was about two storms and that’s it lol. Small ones sprinkled in between. 

I lived in Middletown Delaware for that storm, 26ish inches that melted before Christmas...Almost felt like a waste, couldn't even get a White Christmas out of that storm....lol

Just now, Spanks45 said:

I lived in Middletown Delaware for that storm, 26ish inches that melted before Christmas...Almost felt like a waste, couldn't even get a White Christmas out of that storm....lol

I was near Baltimore. It was washed away by a rainstorm. Of course I was out of town (left the day right after the storm, thank goodness the storm wasn’t a few day’s later :o ), so I didn’t have to watch all the melting happen.

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

You melted 26 inches in 5 days? That's brutal.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You melted 26 inches in 5 days? That's brutal.

That bomb of a storm in the plains that gave Oklahoma City like 2 feet on 12/24/09 pretty much torched the MA and then gave them rain. I thought they had a snow pack still on 12/25 though.  I was at Skins/Giants on 12/22 and there was plenty of snow down there still