Total Members
    Most Online
    cberr1957
    Newest Member
    cberr1957

May Discobs 2019

22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

You got crushed by 2 rounds I think 

Yeah, we did. I haven't been around much because I picked up a part time gig at a brewery to see what I can learn, and while I was there last night, a good storm rolled through at about 10 that wouldn't quit. I am hoping that after tomorrow's rain, we can dry out for the rest of the week because our annual Black Eye Susan party is next Friday. Mud corn hole would be fun, but the yard would never recover!

By the way, I'll have three brews on tap for the party if anyone wants to drop in. A black eye-pa, a ne ipa, and my first attempt at a kettle sour, a blackberry sour. RR should definitely drop in since he works somewhere very close to me.

28 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, we did. I haven't been around much because I picked up a part time gig at a brewery to see what I can learn, and while I was there last night, a good storm rolled through at about 10 that wouldn't quit. I am hoping that after tomorrow's rain, we can dry out for the rest of the week because our annual Black Eye Susan party is next Friday. Mud corn hole would be fun, but the yard would never recover!

By the way, I'll have three brews on tap for the party if anyone wants to drop in. A black eye-pa, a ne ipa, and my first attempt at a kettle sour, a blackberry sour. RR should definitely drop in since he works somewhere very close to me.

Sounds awesome. Preakness is almost here .I actually love horse racing.  Use to go out to off track betting places and to Charles  town on the regular for years and watch every triple crown leg and Breeders cup day as well . 

• Like 2

2.86" for the month so far.

Plenty of rain, but not excessive. Hopefully it stays that way.

So far the 2 rounds of larvicide have kept the adult mosquitoes at bay. Too much rain and the woodland wetland won't dry up, and I cant keep dumping pellets in there all summer. Stuff is expensive.

I believe at this rate it will snow here ............incredible, further down to extreme levels

Damn !!!!!

Without question May has has to average normal, maybe even below. The only issue is a snap back to very warm at the end of the month, but not sure. 

ao.sprd2.gif

Good call Ventrice .... I mean it has to happen as forecasted, but it appears primed to go back down even further 

nao.sprd2.gif

Look for the El Nino to rejuvenate:  

SOI Dashboard

Latest Southern Oscillation Index values

SOI values for 11 May, 2019
Average SOI for last 30 days -6.88
Average SOI for last 90 days -7.84
Daily contribution to SOI calculation -22.50
Monthly average SOI values
Feb -14.62
Mar -6.48
Apr -2.43

Note: The SOI values are expressed as an index (i.e. no units) and are derived from the 1887–1989 base period. This information is updated daily. The new data are typically available by 7:00pm (AEST).

So much for that 60% chance of rain today.  Perfect day for gardening and yard work.

• Like 1

Extremely nice day. Love it. Upper 60s, cool breeze. Mixture of sun and clouds. I can wait for the rain. Hopefully it holds off until around 11pm here.

Guidance suggesting a possible 3 straight days with highs in the 50s . 

.04 today . Currently 54 . I doubt any high totals are realized here with low 50 temps tomorrow and dews in the 40s ..doesn't exactly scream downpours 

• Like 1

53 here this morning. Only 0.35" overnight. An under-performer. Perfect.

Hopefully only another half inch max falls today into tonight.

This might be the worst mother’s day weather I can recall. The house has dipped to 63 and given the rather frigid for this time of year highs and lows the next few days I am reluctantly turning the heat on for a few minutes. Yuck.

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Jealous. Like @nw baltimore wx reported - we can’t stop deluging here.

Picked up another .58" to bring the May total to 4.26". 

I'm taking my mom to lunch along the water today and looking forward to seeing how windy it is along the bay.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

The GOA low is really a force since April 1, El Nino pattern. 

Seems we are coupled now with the Nino. 

And yes, this weather is horrific for moms out there.  Windy and rainy, a far cry from other Mays with higher in the upper 80's.   

SOI 

hern Oscillation Index values

SOI values for 12 May, 2019
Average SOI for last 30 days -6.81
Average SOI for last 90 days -7.87
Daily contribution to SOI calculation -21.74

• Like 1

Ready for the 90s and sun plz.  My garden needs it.

A great day to slow roast a 15lb Turkey in the oven.  Rain falling outside " The Hobbit, an unexpected journey" on tv, and the house smells like Thanksgiving.  I feast today, and the mosquitos feast tomorrow.

Wonder if any areas hit records for record low max today?

Was 53 degrees, has dropped here to 49 F. with winds gusting past 30 mph.  A winterlike day indeed. 

Rain rain go away.  You've been here since last summer.  You've overstayed your welcome, and didn't even let winter visit.

When this runs its course, wondering whether the rubberband snaps back in reverse and we bake to record levels later in the month and in June ?  

A cold, wet, miserable day. Stuck inside cleaning. Thank god for DFH 120 min IPA.

52 degrees. 0.80" of rain since last night(underachieved thankfully), and 3.65" for the month. How about a few days of dry and warm(not hot/humid) for a change?

eta- despite the rain, we have had some stellar, cool, low dew days mixed in. I guess I prefer this overall to a switch right to warm/hot and humid. Would like to keep the rainfall to below excessive threshold though, as it is directly related to adult mosquito proliferation.