Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2019

George BM

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro painting a wet weekend.  A fairly uniform 1.75"- 3.00" across much of the forum . And that's not counting meso banding.  A pretty steep temp gradiant as well on Sunday afternoon. 

Actually the first May in a long, long time where crops and ag have too much wettness possibly.

I have seem incredible wet June periods and recent years with very wet July and August months, but this year we are starting early. Will be mosquitto and mold city out there. Ugh.   

15 minutes ago, frd said:

Did you get your mosquitto spraying done ? 

I did larvicide, but so far not been bad enough to spray adults. Some are out, but manageable. Probably will have to in the next week, but need a few dry days to make it worth doing.

Does anyone know if Mount Holly weather service web site is down ? I can not access either on my laptop or my Droid.  Very slow this AM and now nothing. 

I should add that at times it works but other times I get a time out on my browser. Now seconds ago, it seems back up, strange. 

16 minutes ago, frd said:

Does anyone know if Mount Holly weather service web site is down ? I can not access either on my laptop or my Droid.  Very slow this AM and now nothing. 

I should add that at times it works but other times I get a time out on my browser. Now seconds ago, it seems back up, strange. 

I know there is an ongoing issue with point-and-click as well as the Enhanced Data Display (EDD) right now.  Not sure what else is affected.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Ukmet gives you the local lollie of 75mm

Actually Saturday looks dry until evening so at least we get half the weekend in.

Screenshot_20190510-080321_Chrome_crop_507x562.jpg

Yeah I will be home early today and hopefully most of tomorrow will be dry. Lots to do outside. Of course there is also a decent chance for a line of t-storms to move through this evening.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We only see legit HL blocking when its completely useless.

Sure seems that way. 

That is why next winter I will believe it ( HL blocking ) when I see it. I put little faith in any seasonal calls by anyone, or any model. Too much chaos and maybe the way things roll now with warming, well maybe analogs will be going the way of the Paleo diet. Get it ?  Paleo=caveman=extinct ......

This pattern give or take a little imagination I think would have provided an historic series of winter storms in ther Mid Atlantic.  Can't be positive, but wow to the depth and the longevity of the deep -AO and the -NAO. 

Someone pointed out to me this May's -NAO, targeting the present NW Atlantic SST configuration, cold pool, etc., may be a signal for next winter's NAO to be negative. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic