• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

HRRR soundings are ok..DCA flirts with a warm nose at 775mb....Looks like snow/mix when light, and all snow when ripping

• Like 2

Nams are showing a band out this way tomorrow night when the coastal starts getting its act together. Something to watch at least.

18z Euro looks similar to 12z.

A new development is a better coastal for the far NW crew.

93155CEB-72D4-476F-8ABD-3594572A5834.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

18z Euro looks similar to 12z.

A new development is a better coastal for the far NW crew.

93155CEB-72D4-476F-8ABD-3594572A5834.png

Similar to HRDPS....as Loseto noted.  This phase is def still trending.... @wvclimo will like these trends

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrdps really winds the coastal up ...gets it to 992 . Real impressive trends with that the past 24 hours 

RGEM was 989 at the end of its 18z run. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

RGEM was 989 at the end of its 18z run. 

Get rained on at this rate from the WAA. Enjoy it guys as I'm burned out on this winter.

20 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

Get rained on at this rate from the WAA. Enjoy it guys as I'm burned out on this winter.

You need a cleansing. Give this guy a call. He’ll hook you up. I promise. :devilsmiley:

43C8C8AB-FBE9-4296-9B2F-F9E0F12E857A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No science involved but that coastal will be rain for 90% of the forum. Not sure models can bust that bad in this day and age within 24hrs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The coastal won’t help anybody in our latitude. New York City suburbs may be in for a burst of heavy snow however. My parents up in the lower hudson valley could get a surprise few inches 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T. August said:

No science involved but that coastal will be rain for 90% of the forum. Not sure models can bust that bad in this day and age within 24hrs. 

The coastal may have implications for us for Sunday night.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, poolz1 said:

Similar to HRDPS....as Loseto noted.  This phase is def still trending.... @wvclimo will like these trends

He is not alone :). I would think temps will be an issue regardless. The mids should be pretty much cooked by that point. But we will see I guess.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

0Z NAM is pretty nice hit for the favored areas. Looks real good for Central and Northern MD. 

2 to 4 for most looks like 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poolz1 said:

It's been a good day for model-watching all the way around.  I will still be surprised though if we go 3 for 3 with tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday.

That’s going to be a nice winter storm for NW Va and NW MD.  Coastal stronger again on the NAM.

19 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

It's been a good day for model-watching all the way around.  I will still be surprised though if we go 3 for 3 with tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday.

Hey, 2 out 3 ain't bad.  I feel like we have thru the 6z runs to keep trending...typically, I would say its too late to expect anything drastic but with the way it has trended over the past 12 hours who knows...

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

That’s going to be a nice winter storm for NW Va and NW MD.  Coastal stronger again on the NAM.

Even though its rain for us... that's good news for Sunday, yes?

30 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The coastal may have implications for us for Sunday night.

I was about to say...maybe we need to root this for this thing to bomb out as much as possible!

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Even though its rain for us... that's good news for Sunday, yes?

I was reading the NE forum and there is a Vort over the lakes that the GFS phases in that is really the culprit to help suppress heights for Sunday.  Euro has been sloppier with the phase so that’s why it’s been further NW.  

• Thanks 1

Lots sleet along i81 corridor looks like... snow maps pushing 6 to 10 out there lol

It’s even really close for CHO... verbatim it is 33 and rain but the way things have been trending I’m back in.

Just now, Chris78 said:

@poolz1 @WVclimo

NAM IS  a legit storm out here tomorrow night. 

Crazy  trends over the past 24 hours.

It’s a pretty close run to a pretty substantial snowstorm tomorrow night. Looks good for our 2-4” tonight then has 4-6” more tomorrow night (verbatim). Razor close on thermals but with 3-4” snow OTG I wouldn’t hate our chances especially with a low deepening pretty quickly and in a nice spot. 

• Like 1