Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs 2019

George BM

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
13 minutes ago, nj2va said:

High Wind Watch extended east to include Washington and Frederick Counties (already included Garrett and Allegany).

Have avoided iceing on the Scott Pines next to my home now I worry about limb damage due to the gusts and a small concern for uprooting due to the saturation of the ground. 

Looks like Monday mid morning is prime time when the mixing occurs , of course late Sunday is not fun either, not sure what to do with the trashcan cans yet. Monday is pickup day, luckily last week was recycle.

For me here there is a big difference between 50 mph and 60.  Some folks have trees that are more prone to high NE winds others have concerns with Westerly winds. All the nature of the tree and the previous damage done.    

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

High Wind Watch extended east to include Washington and Frederick Counties (already included Garrett and Allegany).

For here:

HIGH WIND WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
MONDAY AFTERNOON...

* WINDS...West 20 to 30 mph with 45 to 55 mph gusts.

* TIMING...A surge of winds late Sunday afternoon and early Sunday
  evening may result in gusts up to 55 mph. Another round of
  strong winds is expected to affect the area late Sunday night
  through Monday.

* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
  lines. Scattered power outages are expected.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ground is quite saturated, and rainfall
  this weekend, generally ranging from 1 to 1 1/2 inches will add
  to this. It will not take much wind to result in downed trees
  and power lines.

6 hours ago, frd said:

Have avoided iceing on the Scott Pines next to my home now I worry about limb damage due to the gusts and a small concern for uprooting due to the saturation of the ground. 

Looks like Monday mid morning is prime time when the mixing occurs , of course late Sunday is not fun either, not sure what to do with the trashcan cans yet. Monday is pickup day, luckily last week was recycle.

For me here there is a big difference between 50 mph and 60.  Some folks have trees that are more prone to high NE winds others have concerns with Westerly winds. All the nature of the tree and the previous damage done.    

NE gale = trees into barn.

W-NW gale = trees into pool house or pool.

Can't win!

3/2/18 was fun.  Still have logging to do.  I love wind but the cleanup and fixing broken stuff not so fun.  2' of snow is much easier.

Definitely calm before storm if it verifies.  Been in a long lull of wind here.

18 minutes ago, Zanclidae said:

NE gale = trees into barn.

W-NW gale = trees into pool house or pool.

Can't win!

3/2/18 was fun.  Still have logging to do.  I love wind but the cleanup and fixing broken stuff not so fun.  2' of snow is much easier.

Definitely calm before storm if it verifies.  Been in a long lull of wind here.

I know what you mean. 

West winds tomorrow and Monday would be better fo me.  I think an East or NE winds puts more stress on the pines that were damaged last March for me. 

We have been lucky. No ice storms this winter and twice in the last 3 months a high wind advisory was issued by Mount Holly, but the winds never ramped up, at least here in Northern Delaware.      

This event looks more likely.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic