Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
George BM

February Discobs 2019

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

6F for the low.  4th straight morning with single digit lows.  That doesn't happen often.

Yup - indeed.  Moved here in 85 - lived overseas off and on, but during the time I've been here in NOVA this may be tops on the cold spectrum (but I missed 96 and some other events).  Already up to a balmy 27 and rising rapidly.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Inversion city.  Low 20s at the surface, temps approaching 50 not too far above.

Indeed re the inversion.  NWS put out an Air Quality Alert for NE MD.  Must be as a result of the inversion.  Don't see that so often this time of year.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Only hit a low of 35 in McHenry.  Up to 38 now.  

I looked at a model sounding off the 3km NAM earlier for my area. Surface temp was 23 at the time, and at 950 mb it was 50. Fog has dissipated some here now and temp is up to 29.

Air mass is very stagnant (thus some Air Quality alerts in effect). The sky will have a hazy look today.

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I looked at a model sounding off the 3km NAM earlier for my area. Surface temp was 23 at the time, and at 950 mb it was 50. Fog has dissipated some here now and temp is up to 29.

Air mass is very stagnant (thus some Air Quality alerts in effect). The sky will have a hazy look today.

It was fascinating watching the car thermometer oscillate on the drive home.  Left McHenry and it was 38, hit mid 40s in Frostburg, dropped to low 30s in Cumberland, then back up to the mid 40s along the rest of 68.  As we passed through Sideling Hill, there was lots of fog down in the valleys.  We actually hit the low 50s in spots along 70 before dropping again to the 40s as we drove down 270.

• Like 1

Really nice spring day yesterday, to bad it is still Feb. 58.7 high and 29.9 for the low. One thing is for sure 50-60 during day and then just below freezing is perfect for the maples!!

It’s 37 outside and after 2 day mild up I still have frozen on the fully shaded patio. Granular water slush that refreezes and small shovel chunks.

That ground got so cold  and frozen down to what?-a foot?-I don’t know but deeper than normal and still radiating like crazy.