Total Members
    Most Online
    JAZZOVER
    Newest Member
    JAZZOVER
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

What a total fringe job this whole deal turned out to be  :raining:

I consider it pay back for last year when we had the sandhills special... I knew I'd pay dearly for that one and here it is. 33 and rain for 2 days lol.

Definitely not sweating it though, I'll get mine this winter without a doubt ;)

1 hour ago, PackGrad05 said:

I can't wait to see the official snowfall map for this system and see the cutoff for zilch a mile from my house.

My stepson and his family live near you.  He just sent a video expressing his dissapointment at missing out on this storm.  He's got a eighteen month old girl who he was dying to get out and play in the snow with.  It's funny how just a few miles can make a world of difference between rain and snow but that's winter weather in the TarHeel state.  Odds are you will get in on the action later on in the Winter season.

5 hours ago, WeatherNC said:

Picked up about 3" of trailing vort bonus snow and still coming down at a good clip.  We had a couple hours of freezing drizzle yesterday evening and that coated the trees, really helping this wetter snow stick to everything.  Yardstick on the deck is at 20".

I am sure you have already posted this, but what was the final total up there? Hoping you ended up in a great spot! 

We finished off with 14 inches of snowfall/sleet IMBY.  There were light snow showers interspersed with drizzle this morning, but nothing that amounted to much.  The temp rose above freezing around 5 PM last evening, and it has yet to fall back below.  It has made light work for the plows, not having to fight the frozen tundra.  The back deck has diminished to 9 inches due to melting and sublimation.  Tonight should be a hard freeze, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowDeac said:

How much has compacted/washed away for you North Raleigh/Durham folks? Congrats, and stay safe on the roads once the refreezes start. I think the next two mornings will be the most dangerous part of the storm for you guys, and others.

Yards and neighborhood roads still buried in E Durham, but we got snow literally all morning. 

1 hour ago, SnowDeac said:

How much has compacted/washed away for you North Raleigh/Durham folks? Congrats, and stay safe on the roads once the refreezes start. I think the next two mornings will be the most dangerous part of the storm for you guys, and others.

The rain yesterday didn’t help much. We had 9” but we only had about 4” when it stopped.  We got another inch this morning though so that helped some.

2 hours ago, Rankin5150 said:

I am sure you have already posted this, but what was the final total up there? Hoping you ended up in a great spot! 

20" was the measurement this morning after the back-end bonus stopped.  We had 18-19" yesterday and picked up another 4" this morning.  With compaction 20" was the most uniform measurement.  Back safely in Greenville, 421-40 were not bad, primary hazard is idiots driving with mini icebergs on their cars.

DuBWzDNW0AE6tfH.thumb.jpg.413cef4a99b15e4b0d0611733cc03cde.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• jburns unpinned this topic