• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

The storm is developing to our west this morning. Hopefully this thread will contain loads of happy posts from a large area of the forum. Good luck everyone!

Any board members out in far western NC or extreme NGA need to wake up and start measuring!  Some really early action in store for them with a rather healthy finger of precip.  Incredibly long event in store this weekend.  Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Any board members out in far western NC or extreme NGA need to wake up and start measuring!  Some really early action in store for them with a rather healthy finger of precip.  Incredibly long event in store this weekend.  Good luck!

Light rain and 37 here with a dew point of 36.  waiting for the action to really start tomorrow lol

A quick snap from Mt. Mitchell (I think looking at Mt. Craig) a little after 2pm today with frost or rime ice.

edit: pic not mine, from nchighpeaks.org

192_168_1_127_01_20181207150113_TIMING.jpg

Despite a thick cloud cover keeping temps in check all day in the upstate (and afternoon temps being similar to NC) temps are running about 8-10 degrees warmer right now in the upstate. I'm seeing low to mid 30s much of NC, low to mid 40s much of upstate; heck the midlands are colder than we are, upper 30s there. Dew points are also above freezing. 

Storm is massive, radar is lit all the way back to the panhandle of Texas. Just amazing.

Dp slowly dropping here currently we are 37/29 with thick cloud cover

Temp has dropped to 33 already. Game on soon? WYFF showed mixing here already but I'm not seeing it on the ground yet.

34 and light rain in Cashiers. NOAA has upped our totals to 10-21" officially in the point forecast. Can't wait!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

[âIMG]

The current surface map, our CAD high is the 1038mb over Illinois right now. Encouraging that it is strong but Im worried that with precip having the potential to start early that it might not get here fast enough. 

7 minutes ago, LiQuiDBuD said:

Temp has dropped to 33 already. Game on soon? WYFF showed mixing here already but I'm not seeing it on the ground yet.

Bud you need to come on over to the mountain thread and post. 

Here in N GA we are approaching .25 of rain already, temp has finally started falling after being above 40 all night long. 39/37.7 Not optimistic on seeing changeover until late afternoon at this point.