Total Members
    Most Online
    Harold
    Newest Member
    Harold
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

4 minutes ago, bannerdude said:

Huge flakes here in the Sherron Road area of Durham. It's been snowing now since 0800, and appear to have 1.5" of additional snow on the deck rails.

Hey neighbor. Can confirm. The stuff that got washed away last night, and tire tracks, are filling back in. My hobby weather station in MBY still has us at below freezing. 

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

And that is the direction I have to go for work. 

They just closed our office.  So we'll call that a win.  I'll drive back home, where I'm sure it's raining.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

I can't wait to see the official snowfall map for this system and see the cutoff for zilch a mile from my house.

I'd like to see an in-depth analysis of how the various models did in the lead-up to this event. It could be helpful in anticipating the next storm this winter - hopefully many more snow storms!

I'm located in between Raleigh and Fuquay Varina and the snow has been coming down!  We have been in one of the heavier bands for the past twenty minutes and I would not be surprised if we haven't added another inch or two to the three we got with the first round of this storm in the past hour.  The temperature is 32 degrees and the roads around here are passable if you take it easy on the brakes and accelerator.  This is the most memorable December snow event since the December 25-26 2010 storm for this area.

I can't wait to see the official snowfall map for this system and see the cutoff for zilch a mile from my house.
It's such a different landscape over a short distance on 401. Wake tech has pretty good snow and people sliding off that hill. Just a little slush near that sheetz and Bojangles and just wet by the food lion.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, thunderwolf said:

It's such a different landscape over a short distance on 401. Wake tech has pretty good snow and people sliding off that hill. Just a little slush near that sheetz and Bojangles and just wet by the food lion.

Yep.  I'm near the Food Lion and Chevy dealership.  Nothing but a cold rain.  

• Like 1

Presip is drying up fast. I did ok but not as good as folks to my west and east. I got close to an inch. Maybe a little more will fall but radar returns are dissipating fast from the NE. 

Had a nice time outside with the snow falling. Kids made a snowman.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thunderwolf said:

You're in my neck of the woods!  I live about two miles north of McCullers Crossroads near Buffaloe Lanes and speaking of hills, I used to go out when it snowed just to watch the accidents and to help push people out who lost it on that hill near the bowling alley.  I'll bet there is some live action going on around there!

Just now, weatherbubba said:

You're in my neck of the woods!  I live about two miles north of McCullers Crossroads near Buffaloe Lanes and speaking of hills, I used to go out when it snowed just to watch the accidents and to help push people out who lost it on that hill near the bowling alley.  I'll bet there is some live action going on around there!

I live off of Old Stage Rd., 3 miles down Rock Service Station almost to 42.  Just 3 miles north of me had an inch more snow!

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I live off of Old Stage Rd., 3 miles down Rock Service Station almost to 42.  Just 3 miles north of me had an inch more snow!

I'm off 42 near Kennebec. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PackGrad05 said:

I'm off 42 near Kennebec. 

Nice!  My wife just texted and said it's sleeting with a few flakes mixed now.  You still just a cold rain?

Just now, Cold Rain said:

Nice!  My wife just texted and said it's sleeting with a few flakes mixed now.  You still just a cold rain?

I just got up and checked and there are some wet flakes mixed in FINALLY.  It is extremely frustrating seeing all the snow while my ground is bare and wet.

• Like 3

Snow is winding down here in NW Wake County.  Maybe picked up another 1/2”.  It’s just nice seeing a fresh coat of snow.  Even though we still have a lot left the rain yesterday definitely cut into it.

5 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

I just got up and checked and there are some wet flakes mixed in FINALLY.  It is extremely frustrating seeing all the snow while my ground is bare and wet.

Hug the fake version 3.

fv3p_asnow_neus_2.thumb.png.0a03a0969f930f4029089ba867c4cbcc.png

54 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating this is in Southern Wake.  Barely anything yesterday, gone by dinner, and nothing this morning but cold rain.  What a 

I am in your neighborhood and completely agree with this statement. I was so excited only to be so disappointed. I feel your pain.

• Like 1