• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

1 minute ago, SimeonNC said:

Still 36.5, I do not think the temp is gonna get any lower here, I guess the dewpoint is too high for most of CLT. Still sleeting pretty good though.  

34.5/31.3 near providence and fairview

edit: 34.3/31.2

Anyone from Wilkes, Alleghany, Yadkin, or Surry Counties seeing any snow at this time? Thanks.

Not much change here on the Coast.. 

Here on the Coast Folks.. (ILM-Carolina Beach)

LIGHT Rain..

Temp(s) 43F Dew of 42F

Humidity 87%

Wind(s) East @ 6mph..

Rainfall (Less than) one inch.. 

And just like that it changed to sleet and before I could go out and confirm and post it mix d with snow lol. Coming down at a good clip too :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SimeonNC said:

Weird, I am to the north of you yet my temp is higher. As for the dewpoints I must be reading the mesoanalysis wrong. 

The precipitation rate is higher down here right now. As rates come up for your area, the temperature should drop some.

Just can’t keep it as snow right now. Keeps flipping to sleet/rain. Odd that the heaviest snow of the day so far was when it was supposed to be 37 and raining.

3 minutes ago, NCWX said:

41.7 and moderate rain. Not very windy here,yet.  

Your just over the CFMB from Me! Hello partner! 

Snowdawg are you back to sleet? Started a mix of sleet and snow a few min ago and the back deck is already getting crusty. 

1 minute ago, SENC said:

Your just over the CFMB from Me! Hello partner! 

Yup, been here 3 1/2 years.  

Went and ate in TR with family downtown, ripping snow was quite awesome. Was accumulating on the roads, covering everything in white. Got back to Furman and it was back to raining. Drove home to Pendleton back roads and even in Dacusville no snow, just sleet. Taking a while for that snow line to move south in the Upstate.

36 here in Pendleton, maybe some sleet starting to mix in now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, NCWX said:

Yup, been here 3 1/2 years.  

30+ years here,, again hello, Maybe we can meet up for coffee & biscuits(s) one Day? (Or a beerski)..  

16 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

You positive?  Not to sound like a jerk.  My back table is getting a coat of sleet as well. 

Haha. Yeah. Ive got a coat of sleet as well...nary a snowflake though. Had my back window open and lights on since 7. You can hear some sleet mix with the rain...but there aint no snow

4 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Snowdawg are you back to sleet? Started a mix of sleet and snow a few min ago and the back deck is already getting crusty. 

Models doing a fairly good job with that changeover as they generally showed it happening around 02 to 03z. Snowing in cornelia at the last observation too. 

3 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

Haha. Yeah. Ive got a coat of sleet as well...nary a snowflake though. Had my back window open and lights on since 7. You can hear some sleet mix with the rain...but there aint no snow

Ah gotcha thought you meant no sleet.  The snow hasn’t been soft fluffy snow.  When in my car it was obviously wet flakes but looked like rain just looking outside.  So prob getting the same. 

6 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Models doing a fairly good job with that changeover as they generally showed it happening around 02 to 03z. Snowing in cornelia at the last observation too. 

Yep that’s sort of near me lol.  It is all snow and just pouring down right now. Think the change over was about 915-930 to go to all snow

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NEGa said:

Yep that’s near me lol.  It is all snow and just pouring down right now. Think the change over was about 915-930 to go to all snow

Love it man. Hope you get crushed.