joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still moderate to heavy big drop 'float' rains with the occasional impression of cat paws in a few of them.  Temp dropped from 41 to 39 in the last 1/2 hour tho - which may be an omen to d-pol advance on this region of N middlesex

We probably just started losing the warm mid levels, given that consistent gusts coming through now that have to be near 50 mph. Low level clouds are racing across the sky. The sky reminds me of the windiest nor Easter I ever experienced while I lived LI (can’t remeber the year but I believe it was March 2011). Lots of outages and trees down from that one.

1 minute ago, ajisai said:

At what time?

BOS itself is prob closer to 00z...maybe 7pm roughly. We will want to start seeing some temp drops of 1-2F per hour starting now around ORH...it looks like things are starting to tickle down, but I'm looking for some acceleration in the drop as a sign the cooling in the BL is really underway in earnest. I think it should...at least in the firehose where you have heavy precip. It is so crucial that we actually get those rates of like 0.15-0.20" in the bucket per hour...stuff like 0.08 isn't gonna get it done...it's been modeled to be very heavy late this afternoon and early evening, but it still has to verify.

Archived