Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sbos_wx said:

Modeling had the low level spike. 

It also had a pretty quick crash. 

Right...it was supposed to spike mid to late morning into the early PM...between now and 7pm is when things should change quickly.

Certainly a positive bust is looking less likely, though...we'll see what happens.

If I'm still raining in 4 hours, my forecast is probably toast.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right...it was supposed to spike mid to late morning into the early PM...between now and 7pm is when things should change quickly.

Certainly a positive bust is looking less likely, though...we'll see what happens.

If I'm still raining in 4 hours, my forecast is probably toast.

Seems to be struggling advancing east. I’m a little worried about the prospects of accumulating snow here. 

Well see where we are at around 8

5 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

HRRR has really struggled this one. Pretty bad in the short range, good deal too far east with the precip shield.

New 18z NAM looks way further north this evening with the firehose. I'm not that surprised if it ends up north because the whole circulation has been expanding.

7 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

The guy who is in Hunter chasing is doing great no doubt, but as it turns out he should have planted himself 30 miles northwest in that extreme enhanced band...where totals are now approaching 36" in Schoharie County. You never know exactly where these things will set up. 22" here in continued moderate snow, 30F.

Yea, and they are still rotting under that deform band too. Might end up around 4ft. Crazy.

DXTsbnrXUAIJaVt.jpg:large

CC on dual pol is now making some good advance in Middlesex county MA where it had been stalled for a while. Should see things collapse pretty quick...the magic time on a lot of guidance was 21z...so within an hour or so after that, you'd like to see a lot of snow obs come in from the interior east of ORH if it's going to be a solid warning event.

Archived