Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Completed the flip to snow now. Let’s see if we can start accumulating . Let’s get a quick 6

Still rain here.  I had better mixing earlier this afternoon but it should be flipping soon though I've been thinking that for a while.

I took a ride over to Union earlier this afternoon and there was much more snow there but just not enough to accumulate at the time.  Temp was still 36...what's your temp in Tolland now?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah 18z NAM was really bullish on flashing things over....the fact WaWa is still struggling with RA/SN mix is troubling for any amounts over about 3 or 4 inches IMHO....there's still time, but it needs to get going. I'm wondering if the lift is a little too low also...it's a little below the best snow growth region, and melting crappy flakes takes less energy, so the latent cooling isn't as much.

Interesting that Kevin "changed over" an hour ago. 

16 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I live 15 mins north of there... 9" so far. It's a disaster zone in my hood, no power and most roads have trees and wires down. 

I just got back from the Catskills where I arrived late last night and spent the morning looking for the deepest snow I could find. Between Hunter and Windham, they already had over 2 ft by noon. Had to duck out early when the winds picked up and I started dodging tree limbs every few minutes, but certainly a great storm up there. 

you have a 9 inch depth?

Just now, weatherwiz said:

2'' here...2 fooking inches. Got a .5'' in 3 hours...whoopie ******* do. What a POS winter. Absolute total trash...thank fooking God it's almost over. Luckily in TWO MONTHS we'll be tracking severe threats. Snowing for the majority of the day AND ONLY 2''. ****

I would think we are due(actually the whole country) for some real severe

19z RAP has most areas sub0C 925 and 850 by 23z... next 2 hours will be critical

As Will mentioned, I've been using WaWa cam as our lead scout... and still struggling there at the moment

Interestingly, 925s crash from east to west... is that due to greater intensities further east and/or tapping a northeast cold source as winds shift more northerly?

5a99bfebcbdd9_925mb_19zRAP.thumb.png.0f53a20a6aa61ee4bf85194156c94d9c.png

7 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Still rain here.  I had better mixing earlier this afternoon but it should be flipping soon though I've been thinking that for a while.

I took a ride over to Union earlier this afternoon and there was much more snow there but just not enough to accumulate at the time.  Temp was still 36...what's your temp in Tolland now?

20 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I live 15 mins north of there... 9" so far. It's a disaster zone in my hood, no power and most roads have trees and wires down. 

I just got back from the Catskills where I arrived late last night and spent the morning looking for the deepest snow I could find. Between Hunter and Windham, they already had over 2 ft by noon. Had to duck out early when the winds picked up and I started dodging tree limbs every few minutes, but certainly a great storm up there. 

Just crushed

Im gonna measure soon

Winds are brutal

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

We've actually jumped to 40F

Doesn't look much more promising in ORH hills either...I see a lot of 37s and 38s where we saw 35s and 36s a couple hours ago....pretty discouraging considering at the time everything was collapsing SE on dual pol. Not sure what the mechanism for warming is, but it's happening. Wonder if we got a little warm stinger at 925 or so that got mixed down?

Archived